8 Wishful Thinking: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Women, showers. We got to save these people," Dean said with a smirk as he guzzled down his beer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sam and I were meeting with Candace, the victim of the shower ghost. So Dean dropped us off at Lucky Chin's Chinese Restaurant, and he drove off to check out the fitness center. Candace believed that Sam was writing a book about strange events, and I was just tagging along.

"I'm not surprised the spirit world chose to make contact with me. I'm something of a... natural sensitive," Candace said.

Sam nodded. "I can sense that about you, Candace, that whole... sensitive thing."

"So, what did you say you're calling your book?" Candace asked.

"Oh, well, um..." Sam stuttered. "Well, the working title is... 'Supernatural.' Yeah, I've been crossing the country, gathering stories like yours. But, anyways, you were telling me about your encounter."

"Yes. Well..." Candace sighed. "Once I saw the apparition, that's when I started to run."

I realized Sam was distracted for a moment, and I followed his gaze until I landed upon a pretty girl kissing a man that looked like a cliché "nerdy" guy in a booth.

Sam cleared his throat and turned his attention back to Candace. "And you said the ghost chased you?"

Candace shook her head. "Not just that. It knew my name. It kept yelling, 'Mrs. Armstrong! Mrs. Armstrong!' And that's when I hit the stairs and fell."

"You fell? The ghost didn't push you?" Sam asked.

"Oh, I don't—" Candace sighed. "I don't know. I mean, I think it did. Maybe."

Sam nodded. "Did you feel like it meant to hurt you, like it was violent, or—"

"It was a ghost. I'm lucky to be alive. Anyway, I was at the bottom of the stairs, and that's when it got weird." Candace chuckled. "It helped me up."

Sam and I looked at each other.

"Say again?" Sam asked.

Candace nodded. "Yeah. It helped me up. And it kept saying over and over, 'Please, don't tell my mom.'"

Sam furrowed his brow. "Yeah, that's weird."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sam and I walked over to the Fitness Center, where we found Dean sitting on the front steps, reading a newspaper.

"Well, you pick up anything?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head. "No EMF in the shower or anywhere else. This house is clean."

Sam nodded. "Yeah. I'm not surprised. I kind of got the feeling back there that crazy pushed Mrs. Armstrong down the stairs."

Dean shrugged. "I got to tell you, I'm pretty disappointed."

Sam sighed sharply. "You wanted to save naked women."

Dean nodded. "Damn right I wanted to save some naked women."

Sam chuckled softly, and I shook my head.

"Sorry, Dean, but I don't think anything's going on around here," Sam said.

As we walked up to the sidewalk, a boy ran by, with three other boys were chasing him.

"Come on, guys, get him!" one boy yelled.

"I got him! I got him!" another yelled.

"Run, Forrest, run!" Dean shouted after them.