Chapter Twenty-two- Creepy Gerard at Victor's Funeral

Lol, so here I am with another update!! I've been trying to bring myself to writing this chapter for a while, as I legit start to cry every time I read this part in the book. I know Victor wasn't really in any of the story, but he is still one of my favorite characters.

I've decided to split this chapter I to two parts bc I'm too lazy to finish writing it rn

It also doesn't help that I was listening to I Don't Love You by MCR so I'm really in the mood to write this lol :dies: anyway, happy update!!

I watched as Bronwyn carried the bed out of the house. My former best friend was, despite the situation, looking as peaceful as ever as he lay on the neatly made bed, his figure staring up at the fading sun.

I didn't know what was worse, the fact that I was standing in a pile of ashes that uses to be a safe haven or the fact that I was at my friend's funeral. Fiona had used her powers to clear a hole in the middle of the wreckage where we decided to bury Victor. All of the peculiars then surrounded it, each of us watching silently as we paid oir respects to an old friend.

Bronwyn laid the bed in the hole and stepped back, muddling a sob. "'scuse me," I said to Enoch, who allowed me put of his tight embrace to go and comfort the girl.

"Ssh," I whispered in her ear, rubbing small circles on her back as she sobbed into my shoulder. She looked up at me. "I know you see him sometimes. Could you tell him that I said goodbye?" I nodded Emma walked over and took Bronwyn from me, nodding me over to Gerard. He was standing alone with his eyes were fixed on me, trailing after my every move.

Well then. That's not weird at all

I turned back to Emma and she nodded. So I took a deep breath and walked over to him. His eyes never once left me, even when I found myself standing less than a foot away from him, looking him in the face.

"So, is there a reason that you're googling at me or am I just that irresistible?" I have to admit that I was quite creeped out by him. He just smiled.

"Well, I just wanted to say thank you for helping get me out of that, ahh, sticky situation, back there. I was always thinking that I would save the beautiful young lady, not the other way around." He grinned at me, and I shrunk back but never breaking eye contact. Then the wind blew, causing ash to get inside my eyes. I gasped and drummed my eye, and he grabbed my shoulders, pulling me back towards him.

"Just so you know, I--" he was cut off by a strong Scottish accent coming from the person who's chest was now pressed against my back.

"Get away from my girl!"