(AU) Fences [Part One]

Hi guys!! We're now at 719 in fanfiction, u guys r amazing!! I was on a trip with my family all today, so i wasn't able to update. Anyway, I had this idea for this chapter, and it's set where there are no 'peculiars' and everyone is in high school. a lot of you guys liked the last AU I did, so enjoy!!

Aspen Holloway's POV

New school, New year. I don't think that I'm ready.

Sitting in my father's Lamborghini, I had my headphones turned up as we made our way to the only school on this stupid island. I can't believe that we had to move to Carinholm. This is probably the most boring place I've ever been, and that's saying something.

My dad started talking to me about his new movie, but I just turned my music up louder.

Fences by Paramore was playing.

I could seriously relate to this song. It was about the bad sides of being a celebrity. My father is a famous actor who travels around the world to work on his movies. I'm his         'irresistibly beautiful' daughter who doesn't give a crap about his job and just wants to live a normal life.

But obviously that can't happen. My mother ran off when I was a child and my dad refuses to let me live with my grandparents. So as he continues to blabber on about his movie, I silently sing along to my favorite song. (Hey, that rhymed!!)

You're always on display
For everyone to watch and learn from,
Don't you know by now,
You can't turn back
Because this road is all you'll ever have.

And it's obvious that you're dying, dying.
Just living proof that the camera's lying.
And oh oh open wide, 'cause this is your night.
So smile, 'cause you'll go out in style.
You'll go out in style.

_____________________________________

"Bye sweetie!" My dad waved to me as I climbed out of the car. I could already see some people glaring at me in disgust, probably from my green hair and eyeliner. Once they saw my father, the immediately started staring at him with goo goo eyes.

I straightened the My Chemical Romance shirt I was wearing and walked inside the school. I was immediately met with stares from boys and hopeless looks from most of the girls, so I shuffled awkwardly through the crowd to the office.

"What's your name, dearie?" The old lady at the desk asked.

"Uh... " I cleared my voice. "Aspen Holloway." The lady smiled and handed me a schedule on bright pink paper. Eww.

"Have a good day!" She told me as she pushed me out of the office and into the hallway. I looked at my schedule.

First Block-- Music

Thank the good Lord. There's just one tiny problem. I turned back to the office lady, who was humming along to some song that was playing through her ear buds. I'm surprised that she even knew what ear buds are. (No offence to any old ladies out there)

"Excuse me, do you know where music is?" She shrugged and went back to organising her files. She's helpful. I turned around, only to squash my face into someone's chest.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" The boy chuckled. "It's fine. Hey, I've never seen you around before. Are you the new girl?"

I nodded shyly. He grinned and stuck out his hand.

"Nice to meet you. Enoch O'Connor." I shook his hand.
"Aspen Holloway."

"Well, Miss Holloway, would you like an escort to-" he grabbed my schedule out of my hands. "-music class? It would be my honor."

I smiled. "It would be appreciated, Mr O'Connor." He led me down the hallway to the elevator, and we rode up to the third floor listening to the (for once not agonizing) elevator music.

Once at the doorway, Enoch gestured towards the handle. "Have a good day, Aspen." I smiled. "You too!"

I opened the door and walked in. "By the way," he called back to me.

"I like your shirt."