Leave it Behind

There was a long pause when Alfred just stared at him, waiting for his lover to back away or to say something like 'Francis tried to stab me a year ago'. Alfred waited in anticipation and fear.
"He and I used to be the closest of friends." Alfred was shocked, but it wasn't like he had just said he loved the man- "I loved him so much..." Alfred tensed up at his own thought slapped into his face. At least he only loved him as a friend! He thought to himself as he met the sad gaze of Arthur's green eyes.
"Alfred, I used to love Francis more than two friends should." His hands tensed up.
"You... don't love him anymore d-do you?" Alfred felt ashamed for saying that but his heart had a crack threatening to split it in two if his beloved Arthur loved someone else. Arthur shuddered but smiled to Alfred.
"Of course I don't," He paused and shuddered again. "Why would I love him, he's a douchebag at the least." Alfred sighed.
"Good." There was a moment of silence when he spoke again.
"I loved him with all the energy in my body, so much that I started to push my brothers away, my friends, everyone. I told myself that Francis was all I needed." Arthur sniffed. "I told myself he was the only one that cared. He and Alice were the only ones who understood me. Then Alice ran away and I was in such pain that my love for Francis was meddled up inside my head with all this fear and I think I went mad. Mad off of love." Alfred watched as his sunshine was covered by clouds in front of him, clouds that started to rain without an umbrella to shelter Arthur's little broken, faded heart.
"Francis was the only one in my life who I wanted. He told me he loved me too but I was just... I was just an overattatched friend. I ran to his house every night and we would talk and talk, just lying on his bed. God, I kissed his cheek one night and he pushed me off. I thought he was joking around but he didn't look me in the eye for the rest of the week." Arthur's grip tightened on Alfred's shirt.
"I loved him and I was getting impatient. He wasn't loving me back. He just treated me like he normally did, even after what I said, or how I acted. I was protective, harsh, obsessive. I scared off any girl who dared to leave him a love letter or ask him to go on a date with them. I scared them off by telling them I'd kill them oif they touched him." Arthur's voice broke at the end of his sentance.
"Then she came along. Michelle." Alfred knew that name. He had read it somewhere.
"She got past me, Francis was talking to her everyday by his locker, flirting with her, laughing with her. Everytime I saw they split up and pretended not to know each other. Francis knew what I said to get rid of the others. He hid this relationship from me. Francis was my one and only back then. I needed him and the thought of someone else luring him in was disgusting. She was trying to steal him away was all I could think. So I begun to hate her. I hated her with a passion and I became ruder and ruder to the person who kept me alive." Alfred was holding Arthur close to his chest, listening to everything with a deep sadness leeching from Arthur's tears.
"Alfred you won't like what I say next." Arthur quietly sobbed.
"Don't worry, the past is in the past, it's okay." Arthur took a deep breath and closed his eyes.
"When the school dance came along I invited Michelle to the roof of the school, pretending to be Francis. She came, of course. I... I said horrible things to her. I told her she was a slut. I told her she didn't come close to deserving Francis. I told her she was filth compared to Francis. I said she was just a doll to him, a toy. I told her she was being used and Francis had several others he was using in the same way." Arthur sobbed into Alfred's shoulder.
"Then Francis came up to the roof looking for her, and found her sat on the floor in tears... He rushed to her and she shoved him away and said she never wanted to see him again and slapped him. That was the moment I saw his heart break. That was when I knew I'd gone too far..." Arthur remembered it so clearly.

Michelle slapped Francis hard on the face and stormed off, crying heavily. Francis held a hand to his face and stared into nowhere. Arthur stumbled to his feet and ran over to him, arms out ready to examine his face for a bruise.
"Francis are you alrigh-" Arthur was shoved backwards. He kept his balance until a shie met with his stomach. He fell hard and was winded, staring up at Francis in shock.
"No. I am not okay. What did you do? Why did yo do that?" Francis glared daggers into Arthur's eyes. "I loved her. Arthur you just made me lose her! Why do you have to interfere with everything!" Francis started crying and Arthur was terrified. What did I do?.. I was trying to stop her from stealing you...
"Arthur you are awful. You are disgusting. Get out of my life." Arthur was speechless, trembling uncontrollably. "I HATE YOU!" Francis screamed at Arthur. He flinched and tried to scurry backwards away from him. Francis saw him shuffling back, he saw the fear, the absolutely terrified look in his eyes and he lifted his leg into the air behind him.

THUD

Arthur's body slid backwards, his nose and mouth was bleeding from the powerful kick in the face. Arthur couldn't speak. Tears rolled silently off of his face as he stared in fear at Francis. Francis smiled a little, leaning down to pick Arthur up by his collar. He punched him in the face and threw him onto the floor with a soft thud. Arthur had never felt so much pain. He spat out a mouthful of blood and tried to stay still.

Arthur had stopped crying, and was staring at Alfred's wall. "My last thoughts before passing out were 'I hope I die here tonight.' "
Alfred clung onto him, shaking.
"When I fell in love with you, I didn't notice it. It was a gentle and calm love, I wanted to protect you but I didn't want to cut you off from friends. I loved you in a way that I had never known before. You didn't hide from me, you don't hurt me. You are the most precious person in my life." Alfred tried to hold back tears as Arthur continues to list what he loved about Alfred.
"Alfred you saved me." And with that, Alfred burst into tears, sobbing into Arthur's chest and speaking inaudible words through sobs. Arthur cuddled up to him, closed his eyes and fell alseep. Alfred stopped crying upon feeling Arthur rest his head on his shoulder. He sniffed and wiped his tears on his free arm that wasn't holding Arthur's exhausted body.
Arthur had little to no energy in his body and really couldn't force himself awake so he returned, wandering through his barren dreams with a new face stepping into sight. Francis walked beside him as he held his hands in fists, occasionally lifting one into the air and lowering it again. Arthur carried on walking, convinced this dream Francis would leave him alone when it turned and grabbed a frail hand from the shadows and pulled it towards Arthur. The figure flinched upon seeing the dead glare of Arthur's eyes. He stopped walking. The girl's hairbows were the only splash of colour on her monotone body.
"He's not using me. I'm the only one he feel this way towards. Why would you lie?" She spoke with a gentle, gostly voice. The voice made Arthur shudder in fear.
"I didn't want you to steal him from me." Arthur felt his mouth move on its own. "He was the only one I had." The girl chuckled.
"That's normal, Francis was the only one I had too." Arthur's legs moved on their own and he sat down, so did the girl in front of him. Her dress was returning into colour. "My father had abandoned my mother and I, his mother was a friend of my father's, so I ran to him when my mother started to drink. A typical story, but it hurt. Francis cared for my heart until it started to glow again. I loved him and you lied to me." Arthur's dream self was shrouded in nonsense thoughts but his mind pushed them flat to the floor.
"I read your letter." He spoke "you told me this a year ago but I tore it up." The figure stood and began to walk away.
"You were scared." Arthur sat there alone, a faint light opening next to him. He stood and walked towards the door-shaped gleam. He walked straight through.
Arthur opened his eyes to the bright light of Alfred's bedroom lamp. He looked around and heard Alfred cooking downstairs. Arthur picked himself up and walked out of Alfred's bedroom, down each step slowly and onto the laminate floor of the hallway. He set foot in the kitchen and saw his lover making eggs and bacon for breakfast. Alfred caught sight of Arthur standing in just his shirt with messy hair and giggled.
"Mornin' Artie," Arthur smiled warmly and gave Alfred a hug from behind. He breathed in the smell of his scruffy hair and sighed.
"Goodmorning love." Alfred turned around and kissed his forehead.
"Sit down, I made you breakfast." Half way through their meal, Arthur just stopped and stared at him. His heart swelled with love and happiness.
"Alfred," Alfred looked up, holding his fork near his face.
"I love you."

"I love you too."

If you find typos, I apologise, I wrote half of this late at night when my creativity was at its highest so,    enjoy!