The Drink Talking

WARNING
Contains ships. A lot of ships. If you don't agree with them, please don't hate, just imagine one of them as someone else. Thank you!

-Arthur-

Bleep!

Bleep!

Bleep!

Arthur had been ignoring the sounds from his phone for about five minuites. Who would even be awake at 7am on a weekend? He nearly fell out of bed when his ringtone blasted out.

Baby, seasons change but people don't.
And I'll always be waiting in the back room.
I'm boring but overcompensate with
Headlines and flash, flash, flash photography.

After dropping his phone onto his shoulder twice, he managed to tap 'answer'.
"Hello-" Arthur's words were cut off almost immedeately.
"Dude! You didn't answer any of my texts!" Of course it would be Alfred.
"Well I was asleep, Alfred." Although he wouldn't say it, Alfred had interrupted a dream where Francis was a midget that he could kick around and everyone was cheering him on.
"I'm an early riser." Alfred stated proudly "anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk around town with me,"
Arthur yawned right after he stopped talking, taking himself by suprise.
"Ah sorry about that, and sure I will. Anything to get away from-" there was a well-timed smash from the other room.
"Your brothers?"
"Yep." They both gave a shaky laugh.
"Okay so I'll meet you at your house in an hour?" He smiled even though his friend couldnt see it.
"Sure dude! K, see ya'!" A dead silence took over the air. Arthur had been clutching his phone, and there was a red mark on his hand where he had. He quickly threw on some plain clothes and headed down the stairs to leave. Right as he did, a shoe came flying down the stairs, hitting the wall next to Arthur's head.
"Where the hell are you going?" Liam was staring down at him, obviously not a morning person.
"Out." Was Arthur's dull response.
"Where?" Liam had another trainer in his hand, ready to throw.
"For a walk. Go on throw another shoe, bet I can catch it." Arthur smirked devilishly. Liam's temper snapped and he threw the shoe at his younger brother, only for him to catch it and send it flying back up the stairs to hit Liam in the, you guessed it, right in the crotch.
"Score!" Owne yelled from behind him. But as soon as he had thrown it, Arthur was already out the door and sprinting down the street.
It took him 3 quarters of an hour to get to Alfred's house according to his slow watch. Panting, Arthur knocked weakly on the door. There was no response until he knocked again and the door flew open to Amelia's bright and cheery face.
"Arthur! Come in," Arthur smiled softly and stepped inside "if you're looking for Alfred he's upstairs in his room. Second to the left." Amelia wandered off into the kitchen and left Arthur on his own. He walked up the plush carpeted stairs and dodged a cat toy on the way.
The door second to the left had the American flag pinned to the front. It was definately Alfred's room. Arthur opened the door.
"Hey Alfred it's Arthu-" and was cut off when he saw his friend shirtless, sat on the edge of his bed.
There was no point in trying to hide his blush.
"Iggy, dude you're early!" Alfred pulled on a shirt and made his way to the door "how'd you even get here so fast?" Arthur's mind was spinning.
"Um... I ran..." His eyes kept flitting around the room but never at Alfred, the image of him glued to his brain.
"Okay, lets get going then." Alfred smiled and walked around Arthur, tripping over the cat toy from earlier.
"I-I'll be there in a minuite!" Arthur called down the stairs. He crawled into a corner and tucked his knees to his chest.
"At least I didn't say anything to him..." he sighed, trying to calm down until a loud meow came from beside him. There was a cat standing there, head high, tail kinked at the top. Arthur had always liked cats, so befriending Alfred's was the easiest thing in the world. He held out his hand and the cat almost had stars in its eyes, over-energetic and cheery. Just like his owner.
"Artie, come on!" He scooped the cat up in his arms and carried it downstairs. The cat leapt from his arms almost immedeately, having seen it's food bowl.
"So that's what you were doing," Alfred laughed at Arthur's flustered face and stepped into the cool air "we better get going," Arthur nodded and followed him, a whirlwind of thoughts in his mind.