Teach Me

-Alfred-
       An alarm clock beeped loudly but there was no one to wake. Alfred was already out the door, he was going to buy some baking soda for Arthur since he lost his the week before.

How long have I known Iggy? He scanned and payed for the baking soda before running back to the bus stop. He had known Arthur for two weeks. The brit's attitiude to him had hardly changed but his glares felt a little more daring than threatening now.

I have secured the baking powder. Mission accomplished! -Alfred

He waited for a reply from his friend but when he finally got one his mood dropped.

I'm sorry Alfred, I don't think I'll be coming to tech. class. -Arthur

Dude why? -Alfred

Two words.
Francis Bonnefoy. -Arthur

"Son of a-" Al cut himself off after remembering he was on a public bus.

      Arthur was nowhere to be seen at school and Alfred was starting to panic.
"Are you okay?" He had bumped into a tall boy wearing a faded pink scarf and a long coat, who was smiling down at him.
"Yeah I'm, uh, looking for a friend." He straightened himself, feeling tiny compared to the giant stood in front of him.
"Oh, well my name is Ivan, just ask if I could be of any help!" And with that, Ivan left Alfred to slouch against the lockers, sighing.
Ivan...     
He had heard of him before. Maybe the school awards?
A sudden thought popped into his head.
Ivan Braginski!
The boy from Russia that most people saw as scary. He's quite nice when you get to know him.

      Alfred gave up on looking for Arthur just as the bell went. He headed up the stairs for technology, fiddling with the tub of baking soda in his pocket. A bandaged hand landed on his shoulder.
"Iggy?" As they made their way into the room, Arthur explained why half his right arm was in a bandage.

"So I threw the whole tub at his face!" Arthur and Alfred burst into fits of laughter "but of course he had to dislocate my wrist and break a finger or two in return." Alfred wiped a tear from laughing too much away from his eye.
"Damn frog. Someday I'm going to hit him back." Arthur got to work on wiping the table while Alfred measured ingredients.

"Bloody hell- ouch!" Arthur was muttering under his breath as he attempted to beat his mixture. Alfred chuckled before taking the boy's hand in his own, showing him how not to hit your arm against the wall 
"See? Easy!" Arthur was focused on tipping the mix into a cake tin and putting it in the oven.
"Sir said we should make a plain sponge cake right?"
"Yeah" Al nodded.
"Well that can't be it, can it?" Just when Alfred was about to reply, Mr.Vargas started to speak.

"You will be combining both your cakes to create one two-tier cake together! This will test your design and teamwork. Good luck!"
There were arguments bouncing around the room about what colour the icing would be, the theme, e.t.c. But Alfred had hoarded the blue and red food colouring before Arthur had even got to the desk.
"We should make a cake with red stripes and blue stars! Oh, and a bald eagle on top!" The hyper and over-patriotic American began to roll out a large sheet of white fondant icing and carefully laying it over the cake.
"Well we are in America, after all. Though can we leave out the eagle?" Alfred shrugged.
"Sure dude" his speech was muffled my the offcuts of icing he'd shoved in his mouth. Arthur didn't want to ruin the cake, which Alfred was carefully painting red and blue according to America's flag, but he didn't want to do nothing either so he started sculpting a small creature using a ball of mint green icing he stole from Elizaveta and Gilbert's cake.

"Uh, Iggy? Bunnies don't have wings and they're not green." Arthur had only just noticed that his partner was watching him work "but don't worry, we're still putting it on the cake!" Alfred laughed but Arthur just stared down at the floor, his arm aching. Not his right arm. But there was a story behind his left arm. And he was never telling anyone.