Chapter 12: "A Wedding like no Other"

Your POV

"Best woman dress?"
"Check"
"Present?"
"Check."
"Life expectancy?"
"Hopefully 69"
"Zane."

I punched his shoulder playfully, laughing at his choice of number.

It was bright out, the sun glimmered perfectly on fresh blankets of snow. Kids and adults alike all across the neighborhood were out making snowmen and having fights. A white flurry of fun, it was the perfect day to be outside.

If you had a jacket of course.

For me, I was stuck with a midnight blue dress that swept to the side, pearly white heels and skin colored tights. What hair I had on my head was pulled into a French (braid, bun, curl).

Thank Irene we were doing the ceremony indoors. I'd probably freeze myself to death if we were outside in this kind of weather.

"After this are Garroth and Laurance gonna adopt?"
"Let's hope not. They'd be terrible fathers."
"Shhhhh I think they'd be alright. And I meant like a dog or cat."

I tried to reason with Zane, who was getting annoyed. He was forced to wear a bright royal blue tuxedo with a black bowtie. His hair forced back in a headband, blind eye shining as the light beamed off of it.

He was honestly lucky I bought him a cobalt mask to go with it, otherwise his regular grey one would have clashed.

"I hope they don't make me sing. Mom and dad made me do that at their friends wedding once. They've always had a passion for making me uncomfortable. My last choir concert was ages ago."

Zane mumbled, adjusting his tie with little struggle. I mustered all my strength to walk in the heels I've been trusted in.

"Honestly I envy models."

I vented, before falling straight into his open arms. He caught under my shoulders, holding me up slightly.

"Will I have to do this all night?"
"Maybe.."
"I don't mind."

I could see a small smirk underneath his mask. I blushed, shaking my head and standing taller as to break his grip on me.

"I'll be fine. But, I'm bringing an extra pair of shoes to be sure."

Giggling sheepishly, I watched as he removed his disguise and kissed my forehead.

"Honey.."
"The agreement?"
"One name?"

He pleaded, clasping his hands over mine. Both eyes shining, embedding into my skull.

I realized something.

White gloves looked good on him.

And another thing.

Why is he so damn cute?!?!!

"Fine.."

I sighed in defeat, bubbling at his sudden happy glow.

"Alright. Honey. I'll just carry you around."
"I'd rather die. And you would too. Katelyn is gonna be there sweetheart."
"I can hear that contract being flushed down the drain."
"Which one? The nickname agreement or Katelyn's cease and desist?"