Chapter 1: "Tye-Dye"

Your POV

The day back from vacation was completely horrid.

Oh wait, I haven't introduced myself yet, have I?

I'm Y/n, and-

Wait... You've read the first two books.

Why am I explaining this?!

Anyways, I got back to mystreet around 6 pm, lugging my backpack to the bus stop before arriving home.

My boyfriend,

(still getting used to that term even though it's been three months and technically two and a half years)

Zane, said he would be returning back to his house before coming over to mine, so he left a bit earlier to catch a different bus. He kissed my forehead and left in the opposite direction, making faces at me as he walked away.

Oh how I love this man.

I sat on the crowded, gross smelling vehicle for an hour till I reached my families home in Scaleswind, half expecting the house to be in ruins, having I've been gone. It was in surprisingly good shape.

I unlocked the door, calling out to my family. My voice echoed against the silent walls, signifying that they weren't home from work yet.

"Forgot they don't get back till seven."

I mumbled, lugging my suitcase upstairs to my tiny room with outdated wallpaper I never fixed cause I was still salty after moving from Phoenix drop in senior year and never got around to changing it after that.

My chest and drawers were filled with clothing I would never wear, I had been living in a dorm for a while, so all my stuff in the room looked out of style and sad. Some colorful hippie t-shirts strewn across my bed.

I remembered swiftly that I only came here to stay for vacation.

"Hey! (Pet name)!"

I called out, glancing around for my beloved animal, surprised to find (him/her) in my room, sitting on my bed (in a carrier or not depending on the animal). I offered a soft smile, sitting next to them and rubbing their head.

"It's been a while. You've been well?"

I asked, pulling out some food from under the bed and feeding them before returning to unpack my things.

"Agh.. My job starts up again straight tomorrow. My vacation is over.."

I whined, pulling my head back onto the bed and slouching into the wood flooring under me.

"This room looks like it belongs to a 5 year old. If I'm going to stay here forever, might as well redecorate."

I offered the idea aloud to my pet, who had no response. I shook my head, contradicting myself.

"No, what if you buy your own house? I mean- you'll waste your creative genius on one room."
"What creative genius?"
"Shove it Y/n, have a little faith."

I argued with my thoughts, realizing how painfully awful my life was.

"Maybe I should call up Aph.."

I sighed, reluctantly getting up and trotting downstairs towards the phone, before by parents burst through the door.

"Y/n!!! Darling! We're home!!"
"M-mom! You're back.. Dad, how was summer?"

I asked timidly, receiving unwanted affection from my family. They held me close, ruffling my hair into a mess. I smoothed it back before they replied.