Chapter 6: "Shy"

I feel like I'm dead

All this moving in is really taking its toll.

Especially since it's incognito

I feel like 007, if 007 was a woman who had an existential crisis in the middle of her kitchen floor because she couldn't decide where the bowl of fake fruit should go.

Then she questions why she bought fake fruit.

Then she sobs uncontrollably about said fake fruit until she eventually realizes that she got it as a gift and regrets her choices.

And now the wood floor has tears on it.

Yeah my life is weird...

Anyways

I finally finished arranging my house the way I wanted and organizing my gaming devices.

Technology is complicated sometimes.

I'm slowly awaiting the moment when someone comes over to greet me cause I'm the new neighbor.

DING DONG

"Shit what?!"

I said, barely sitting down on my couch before getting up straight back up.

I opened the door to find none other than Aph with a huge plate of cookies,  who smiled bright as soon as she noticed it was me.

"Oh my Irene!! Y/n! I had no idea you lived in the neighborhood."
"I moved in just last week, I haven't totally settled yet. Come in!"

I invited her in the house, she admired the Feng shui.

"So Y/n, is Zane gonna move in with you?"
"Uhmmmm."

I blushed profoundly, covering my cheeks before thinking about my answer.

"If he wants to.."
"Aww. Y/n... that's so cute!"
"S-shut up! You're still unable to sleep in the same bed as Aaron and you've been dating for almost a year!!"
"Hey!"

We both blushed and sighed, I sat back on the couch and laughed a bit.

"I guess I'm shy when it comes to him."

I reluctantly surrendered, hugging a pillow. Aph ruffled my hair, crossing her legs and offering me a cookie. I took it and ate.

"Are these from subway?"
"Yea, Aaron bought them."
"They're good."

I grinned.

Aph suddenly clasped my hands in hers.

"I'm gonna invite him over!!"
"W-what? No- Aph!"

I was cut off by her racing outside, not even bothering to close my door.

"Aphmau..."

I mumbled, slumping back on the couch.

I had a whole thing planned.

I was gonna invite Laurance and Garroth over and-

Never mind I guess

"Ugh.. Aphmau I don't need to make anymore friends. I have you and Kawaii Chan, plus Y/n, I'm content!"
"Shhhh!! It's gonna be good!"

I heard raspy complaints and a jumpy reply come from outside my house, through my open door. I sat up and brushed my hair aside as Zane walked in.

"Y-Y/n?! You live here?"
"Yea. It was a surprise. Surprise!"

I said, jumping up into the air and throwing invisible confetti. Zane stood back, stunned, then raced over to me.