14

Vic's Pov (it will return to Kellin's soon)

I wake up the next morning to fresh summer scents, like peaches and almonds. And there is a heavy weight against my chest. I open my eyes and quickly find the smells are exuding from Kellin's hair that is sprawled out, widely across my face and down my neck. The heaviness is a product of Kellin laying over my torso, fast asleep. I take a tired look around the room, seeing as the walls are a special light blue that only takes effect when the sun is just rising. It must be early.

It dawns on me that I shouldn't even be in here, because my sister and mom are just in the next room, and they have no knowledge of Kellin and I and how we are laying in the same bed together, right now, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I inhale a breath to store in my lungs as I subtly try and slide out from under Kellin. With small movements, I shift and shift until I am completely disconnected from him. Kellin doesn't move much. He stays asleep, and I have to force myself to leave and not stay and watch the sleeping beauty.

A few more hours later, Fae wakes up. She enters the living room where I'm on the couch, flipping through channels on the TV. There isn't much on-on a Tuesday morning. Without a word, Fae falls into the couch with me, stealing the remote from me in the process. I don't say and anything, knowing she is just like our mom and there is no point in arguing with her.

Expertly, she switches the channels, quickly before stopping on an animated Christmas special. I haven't watched these since I was a kid. They're nostalgic in a nice way, so I don't say anything.

"Do you remember when we would wake up at 5 in the morning on Saturday's to watch cartoons together?" Fae asked. I smile at the memory. I can clearly remember being like 5 or 6 and waking up before the sun to meet 10-year-old Fae in the living room and watch Pokémon and Looney Tunes and just whatever they were showing that morning. And we would always try and see who could wake up the earliest-- Whoever was last had to make breakfast for the both of them.

"Yeah."

I watch my sister from the other side of the couch. She is watching the TV and smiling, but I know it isn't because of the show. We share the same smile.

We stay like this for about a half hour. We don't talk much, just like when we were little. We wouldn't talk during the shows; we would sit before the television, in our pajamas with our unruly hair and tired eyes, and we would watch our shows in the still dark living room as our sleepy brains were still processing being awake.

"So I saw you sneak into Kellin's room last night," she says and I know that she is fully awake now.

"No," I say. "I was probably just going to the bathroom, and you thought I was going to Kellin's." It was a pathetic attempt of a lie, but I was still hoping she'd buy it.

"Right. I must be mistaken." She says, sarcastically. "So you guys still haven't gotten together?"

I give her a look, a look that says "what the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, come on!" She then exclaims. "It was so obvious!"

"What was?" I ask even though I know. I know exactly what she means and I would rather her not continue.

"The way you would go on and on about Kellin when you got home from school and how you got when he was going to come over for dinner and how you two would play with each others feet under the table."