4

When we arrived at our usual bar, I was way confused, like maybe we had taken a wrong turn somewhere. Our bar was stale, lifeless, and this was one was exciting with music bumping against the walls, and a lively number of people inside.

With an unsettling look on his face, Vic lead the way to the bar, where surprisingly, our stools were not taken.
We sat next to each other and ordered drinks. Was this how it was going to be here now?

"Hey, Frank." I called to the bartender. I've had a few tipsy conversations with him before. Most of the time because I was politely being ignored my Vic. And one time because Vic was getting blown in the ladies' restroom and my phone was dead. I had no other choice. I'm pretty sure we talked about dogs.

"What happened here?" I asked.

"Hipsters." He responded simply.

"Uh..."

"They've been here since this afternoon and they won't leave."

Frank was an older man; he didn't understand this generation very well. And even if I'm not the biggest fan of all these people being in here, I would think Frank would be a little relieved, because then maybe he won't be late on the rent this month.

Vic looked at me, offering me a shrug before lifting up his beer for me to cheers with him. I could tell Vic was already getting used to the setting. I could already see his eyes scanning the place. He was gross.

While sipping at my drink, I was blinded. And by that, I mean somebody came up behind me and placed their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who." They said close into my ear. It sent an unwanted shiver down my spine. I had defiantly heard this voice before, but not enough for an immediate face to pop into my head. It was a female voice I think.

"Uh, I don't know." I said simply.

"Boooo," They whined before removing their hands from over my eyes.

The person leaned in so I could see their face and they could see mine. I was confused and surprised by who it was.

"Oh, shit. Sorry Kellin, I thought you were Vic. You guys look the same from behind." It was Sarah with her perfectly highlighted cheekbones and striking eyes. Vic and I did not look the same from any angle. She was obviously already drunk.

"It's cool." I responded, awkwardly. But she was already looking past me to Vic. She nodded absently before moving over to him and greeting him with not words, but a wet, sloppy kiss. It made me uncomfortable.

"Oh, let me go get Aaron." She spoke when they parted before she stumbled away to retrieve her friend that I really, really did not want to see.

"You're dating a hipster." I told Vic.

"So are you," He countered even though we were not dating Sarah and Aaron.

Eventually, came the awkward encounter with Aaron. It was like waking up from a one night stand and then trying to make conversation with them the next morning like you care. The difference was that it had been a week and Aaron and I never had sex.

----
It was sometime after 3 am when Aaron and I had fallen asleep in my bed. I woke up because my throat felt like it had suddenly been bordered with sandpaper. I was in desperate need of water.

I ventured out to the kitchen, quietly. The lights were already on because Vic was in there. He was sat at the island, drinking a large glass of orange juice. It's what you do after sex. We knew that.

Vic had brought Sarah home again, which meant Aaron came along as well. The awkwardness  between Aaron and I at the bar had disintegrated  by the time we got home, with the help of some alcohol.  Tonight I didn't really monitor how much I drank, I just downed it almost like it was water. I needed it with Sarah and Vic beside me, talking dirty to each other at the bar. The things I heard would be etched into my brain forever.  Unfortunately,  no amount of alcohol would make them gone.