"Sure." I wandered around the stage walking from one side to the other. "I wanted to join the guys for a writing session. I ended up going out with Calum and Ashton. They had a killer writing session and didn't really want it to end. They made me hike this dreadful hike. I'm pretty sure I wanted to murder them the entire time. But when we got to the top of the trail it made it worth it. Until I realized I had to do the thing all over again to get down. We wrote the song at the top of this hill overlooking a setting sun. It was about this band, this core group of five people standing up here right now. It started from two, raised to three with a person who no longer exists in this friendship, then it was three, four, five and six, to end up back at five where everything belonged. Every big up and down was placed in this song." I smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way, with any other four people."

"How about we tell our journey then?" Ashton said through his mic earning screams from the crowd.

I looked back at him as the interlude began to play. My heart was racing and even if I wasn't ready it was happening. I had practiced and heard the song a million times I didn't know why I was so scared. I looked at Luke as his voice started to sing the words. I listened to how effortlessly the words rolled off his tongue as if he wasn't even trying. In that moment it was just the both of us alone as my voice joined his. It was as if there wasn't thousands of people staring at us, as if there wasn't three other members on stage with us. All of my thoughts, worries, and fears left me.

Calum's voice sounded next I mouthed the words along with him. Michael was next, followed by a short part from Ashton. Until it ended back with Luke and I finishing out the song. There was no mistakes, no hiccups, every worry I had was for nothing. I wrapped my arms around Luke as we finished causing him to laugh slightly.

"You did it." I heard him say and I just nodded. It was for me and only me to hear. I loved his support. He was always pushing me to get out of my comfort zone. If you are stuck inside a box you are never going to grow. He pushed me out of my box and made me such a better version of myself.

"Thank you all!" I said waving and walking off stage.

The rest of the show went unwatched. I couldn't find it in myself to finish watching it. I had too much energy rushing through me to sit still. I wandered the halls trying to get some energy out. Performing by myself was something I enjoyed, but nothing beat performing with my best friends. No matter how many times I say it, it never gets old.

The guys got off stage and did their nightly routine. I found myself off on my own for the first time since the tour started. I always sat with them after performing. As much as I wanted to be with my best friends talking about how we killed it I wanted to be outside taking in all the fresh air and quietness. After a show like that I needed time to myself.

My phone buzzed with a phone call as I stared at the night sky. "Hello Mr. Hemmings."

"Hello Ms. Blake. Where may I find you?"

"I don't know, I guess you'll have to search to find out." I leaned against a fence crossing my feet as his voice sounded through the phone.

"Or you could just tell me and make this easier on me."

"But what is the fun in that?" He let out a short laugh as I leaned off the fence and headed back towards the building. "I'll give you a hint." I paused adding dramatic effect. "I'm outside, you come find me." I hung up but within seconds my phone was ringing with him calling again. I answered with a laugh.

"Come on." He groaned.

"Luke literally walk outside I'm standing by the door." I shook my head kicking some dirt as I walked towards the door.

"Not true because I'm standing at the door right now." I looked up from the ground and saw his tall frame standing at the door. It made me smile.

"Look behind you, you dumb idiot." I watched him turn hanging up his phone in the process. I locked my phone putting in my pocket heading towards him. He pulled me in for a hug kissing the top of my head. "Hi." I said quietly curling into him.

"You good?" I nodded but didn't speak. "I like the outfit." I laughed a little, very quietly though. My body was laced in one of his sweatshirts and shorts that couldn't be seen due to the over-sized hoodie.

"I think it looks better on me."

"I can honestly agree with that statement." His faced looked down at me as I stood curled into his chest. But it wasn't the truth. The hoodie looked so much better on him, at least in my opinion. "My clothes always look better on you. There is something so satisfying about you in my clothes. Why is it so attractive? Why can't I look good in your clothes?" I laughed. "It's not fair."

"Being that my clothes would never fit you is a big issue."

"My clothes don't fit you!" He pulled the sides of the sweatshirt away from my body showing its extreme size on me. "Not fair."

"Oh stop. If you want I'll give you all my over-sized sweaters to wear." I looked up at him for the first time in the conversation. He shook his head. I knew he was joking but I was willing to let him wear my clothes if he wanted to. Whatever makes him happy.

"You're cute." I scrunched my nose at his comment.

"What's up with the compliments, you seem to be sugar coating me. What have you done?"

"I can't love my girlfriend without me covering up something?" He questioned me but not with an angry tone.

"No you can, you just never shower me with compliments like this unless you've done something, or you want something. Not that I don't like it because god damn does it do shit to me. But Luke what have you done?" I raised my eye brows.

"Nothing." He groaned. "I just want to compliment my girlfriend." He frowned.

"I'll take it." I leaned up kissing him. "You okay though?" He gave me the same response I gave him, a nod and silence. We stayed quiet in each other's arms for a few minutes before even wanting to move. We didn't care if fans were taking pictures. We didn't have to hide anymore, everyone knew. "I love you Luke." I broke the silence as my head rested on his chest taking in all the surroundings.

I could feel his chest raise in just the slightest as he breathed in and out. I listened to every little sigh that escaped his body. I could hear faint conversations from crew members and fans, nothing I could make out though. I felt his arms tighten as he felt himself getting relaxed to the point of almost dozing off. It was a quick snap back to reality and I loved the feeling.

"I love you too Em." He let out a soft sigh as the words left his mouth. It was a soothing sigh. Everything was the perfect mix reaching the ultimate feeling of peacefulness.

"You know you make me really happy right?" I could feel his head nodding even though I wasn't looking at him I knew it. He stayed quiet. "You know you make me feel really lucky right?" He started to nod his head again but I continued with my sentence. "Not because I get to call myself your girlfriend. I mean that makes me feel really lucky too but I don't mean it in that way." He wanted me to continue. "I'm just lucky to call you my best friend. That's all I've ever cared about Luke."

"Being your best friend?" I returned a nodded but he wanted me to talk.

"I loved you of course and I wanted you but I would have been happy either way. If you never found out I loved you I think I would have made it out okay. Seeing you happy was all I ever cared about. If I got to call you my best friend at the end of the night, I had done everything right. But now I get to call you my best friend and my boyfriend and it makes things just that much better. I'm just feel very lucky."

"Emmy?" His voice was quiet and soft. A ting of his accent came through as he spoke which seemed to be a rare thing to hear as the band got bigger.

"Yeah?"  

--

cute emery and luke moments always seem to make this story bearable am i right? but what exactly has luke got to say? find out soon.

i hope you enjoyed the chapter and the cute stage time with the five best friends.

much love 

ashley