08. BLUSHING

CHAPTER EIGHT / EDITED______________

______________

Once Alek got home from the cabin, he collapsed in his bed. Letting every little thing on his mind drive him crazy.

Why Isak was a acting strange. Or what's the deal with Chris.

Alek was just confused, he usually had everything straight.

Straight, he laughed at himself, maybe this new discovery of him not being straight changed that.

He had told Isak one thing, but now his stomach filled with regret.

Was that too soon?

One thing Alek knew for sure was, screw Chris Schistad for fucking up his head so badly.

Alek began to dose off, that is until he heard the door to his house fly open, and his dad yelling random curse words as he stumbled through the house.

Alek sighed and got up from his bed.

People called his dad the town drunk, though say this around Alek and you'll most likely get punched in the face.

Alek's dad never use to be like this, it was Alek's moms death that sent him over the edge with no return trip.

She thought her presence wasn't needed anymore in the family, no one notice how she simply seemed to hate herself more and more as days went on.

No one would of knew. Until she ended her life herself, by downing a bottle of pills. Alek's dad blamed himself completely, and no one could of convinced him otherwise.

As for Alek he shut down, he wouldn't talk to anyone or even look in someone's way.

It took awhile but thanks to Jonas, Eva, and Isak, he was better.

Not how he used to be, but better.

He walked down the stairs, seeing his dad already passed out on the couch, bottle in hand.

Alek gently removed the bottle from his hand, causing his dad to shift to his side.

He grabbed the blanket on the top of the couch, setting it over him, but not before feeling around in his dad's pocket.

He grabbed a pack of cigarettes and a 20$ dollar bill, he wasn't worried about his dad wondering where it would have gone because he'd forget in the morning.