[2.] - Hoseok

You as Dayo.

Dayo's P.O.V

"Why don't you go back to Africa, fucking giraffe!" Someone spat at me as I walked alone to my table. It was only to beginning of the school year and the bullying and threats were already here. But it wasn't something I wasn't used to. Every state I've lived in so far has been the same.

"Dayo, are you okay?" Hoseok, another foreigner asked. I sighed as he sat on the stool next to me. He had recently came from South Korea, so I hear. He came here for the same reason as me, to study abroad. He seemed pretty nice, actually the kids here didn't bully him.

"Yeah, I'm used to it now." I shook it off and offered him the best smile I could. He nodded back and turned towards our teacher who was now giving instructions. Once the professor was finished giving the instructions he left us on our own. We had to do something with alcohol and cotton balls.

I didn't catch all of what he was saying because every other second a spit ball came my way. "Why is the water red?" Hoseok pointed into the sink, where the water was. I shrugged and picked up the bottle of alcohol and poured a little into the water. "OUCH!" I screamed and snatched my hand out of the sink.

"Oh my god Dayo, how did THAT happen?" Hoseok frantically pointed to a cut long the palm of my hand. I averted my eyes away from him and grabbed some paper towels to stop my burning and wipe off the blood from my hand. "Just from a fight I had last week." He took a paper towel and wiped off my hand.

"No one gets a cut that deep from a simple fight. This bullying thing has gone too far, we need to see the principal." I pleaded with him not to say anything. Even if he didn't know it, I knew, our principal wasn't too kind to foreigners. "Okay, I won't but I'm walking you home this afternoon, it's way too dangerous for you to walk alone."

As bad as I wanted to protest, my lips stayed glued and before I knew it class had ended.

That afternoon......

"Hey." Hoseok, as he promised, met me in the courtyard to walk me home. "Hi." I said shyly realizing that people were now staring. He must've noticed it also because he quickly took my hand and we began walking. The entire way to my house, we laughed and talked.

He told me about how he wants to be an act and dancer when he gets older and I told him about how I also want to act, model and dance when I get older. I also told him about my life back in Ghana. He seemed sincerely interested. He even questioned why my family left such a great life to come to the states.

He was in the middle of telling me about his life back in South Korea when we reached my porch. My mother was painting our new fence around the house. She put down her brush and turned all her attention to us. "Thank you Hoseok for being so nice to me and walking me home."

"No problem Dayo, a queen like you deserves to be safe and taken care of." And then he did something I only did with my family. He hugged me. The sudden warmth of his arms made me never want to let go. Then I was reminded that my mother was staring at us and I had to let go.

"I'll be by in the morning, sleep well Queen Dayo." He waved walking away. "Same to you Hoseok!" I rushed to get a glass of water in the kitchen. "Who was that?" My mother asked as I had expected. "My king." I smiled and answered proudly.