Chapter 16: Ava's P.O.V.

Jinx remained close to me, even though we were around people we could trust I could tell he didn’t trust them. Jinx has trust issues, I realized at that moment. His arms stayed wrapped around me as his mother stuck us in a circle.

“Are you guys ready to go to hell?” Macy asked and by now Jinx’s grin from earlier had faded away only to be replaced by nothing at all, his face was emotionless.

We all nodded and she grabbed Jinx and Nathaniel’s hands in her own before they each grabbed mine and Macy began to chant something. The circle drown around us on the ground began to glow then the floor disappeared all together. Before we fell, and fell…and fell. Finally, I closed my eyes until the felling of falling passed over me. I opened my eyes then to see that we were in a bright, beautiful, blue room.

“This is hell?” I asked, confused.

“This is my room in Hades castle.” She answered. “This is one of the few rooms that actually look normal. The rest of the place is creepy as fuck.”

“What are we doing here anyway?” Jinx asked his arm going around my shoulder to pull me close.

“I need to talk to Hades about Victor. I can’t kill him myself because he doesn’t have a soul left. I’m going to Hades to see what we can do about that.” Macy said as she made her way to the door but before she could open it, a knock sounded on the other side of the door making her smirk before throwing it open to reveal a tall man who stood on the other side, his long black hair pulled back into a low pony tail and his clothes looked as if he were from the 1700’s.

His black eyes met mine before widening. “This must be, Ava.”

Jinx automatically stepping in front of me causing the man to laugh softly as he shook his head saying. “Just like your father…I never like him much.”

Jinx growled softly his body stiff in front of me so I poked his back before coming up behind him whispering. “Be nice.”

“Yes, Jinx, be nice.” Hades smirked as I stepped around Jinx. “Besides, I’m older then numbers themselves, I have no interest in this girl. Also, she seems to be claimed already.” He chuckled and Jinx relaxed slightly. “I’m just shocked that she made it here, what with her hunter blood.”

Macy stepping into his line of view sight, drawing his attention to her. “Hades I’ve come to speak with you about your high demon , Victor.”

His gaze hardened. “What of him?”

“For starters Ava’s his daughter along with the daughter of a hunter. He wants Ava for some reason which is why we’re here.” Macy said softly.

Hades sighed heavily before saying. “Follow me, Nathaniel stay with these two.”

“Wait a minute!” I suddenly snapped. “This is about me so I’m gunna hear what you have to say.” And at that Jinx smirked slightly.

Hades shot us all a glare filled with fire before turning back to Macy saying. “You first son I was okay with, the second one is just being rude.”