Chapter 15: Ava's P.O.V.

I stared after Jinx. Why was he leaving? And why does he keep leaving? As if reading my mind, which I now suspect she can actually do, Macy answered me. “He left because if he would have stayed, he would have changed which could put both you and Aggie in danger.”

I nodded my head in understanding before looking at Victor. “What exactly is it that you want from me?”

He smiled. “Simple, you are the first of your kind. I knew the moment I got your mother pregnant. It was the whole reason I was sleeping with her to begin with. I wanted to create something that nobody else had. And I succeeded.”

“But I’m not just your creation, I’m your daughter. And not only that, I’m a person. I have a say in what happens to me and you know what else? I’m really getting tired of your shit!” I hissed.

“Ah, spoken like a true Knight.” He laughed.

“Excuse me?”

“That’s my last name, your true name. I was the one that named you, child. You are Avadica Marie Knight, Princess of Hunters. Not only that, but you are meant to be Queen. If you marry that boy, not only will you be Queen of Hunters, but eventually you will be Queen of the Succubus and Incubus race. You, my dear, will change how our world works and I must be the one that stops you.” He reached for me but the boy, my ‘brother’, stepping in front of me.

Victor rolled his eyes as I peaked around the boy. “Nathaniel, I suggest you move.”

The boy, Nathaniel, finally spoke. “What kind of name is Avadica?”

“It was your grandmother’s name.”

“It’s hideous.”

“It’s unique.”

“Yeah, uniquely bad.”

“We are not having this conversation.”

“Yes we are. You should have let her mother choose a name for her. You obviously didn’t know what you were doing.”

“Her mother was going to name her Beezly.” Victor growled.

“Oh, then you should have let someone else name her. You were both horrible.” Nathaniel said and I couldn’t help but giggle.

“I named you!”

“My point exactly! Who names a boy Nathaniel Bailey Ann Knight?! Both of my middle names are girl names!”

“I liked how it sounded!”

“Well, I’m just sayin’ that I can’t tell any girl my name without her laughing.” He said and he was absolutely right. I was bent over with laughter. “See my own sister can’t control her laughing.”

“Sorry.” I continued to laugh which when I realized that Aggie was in her crib I stopped, peeking over at her to see that she was still asleep.

Nathaniel shook his head before turning to Macy. “Where’d Jinx go?”

Macy waved him off. “His usual spot.”

“What your grave or the house?”

“House.” Macy answered just as I whispered questionably. “House?”

Nathaniel looked over at me. “You’re the one that knows him yet you don’t know about the house.” He shook his head. “I thought it was a given, I even know about that damn place and I know nothing about him, even if he is my brother.”

I shook my head asking. “Why would I know?”

Nathaniel shrugged walking toward the door pushing our father out of his way.