TWENTY

MATURE CONTENT AHEAD: PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!

My questions and remarks couldn't be held back as Jason tugged me in the direction of a private balcony.

Once the doors closed behind me, I was pulled into his strong arms.

We didn't have to talk.

The embrace was all the connection we needed.

I felt my tears start to fall down my cheeks but I didn't care, nothing could move my arms from around his neck.

"I missed you" I whispered out with a soft sob.

His arms tightened around me "I missed you too" he said strained.

I lent back and took in his appearance.

Dark circles were rimming his eyes, his hair slightly more messy than usual, tears pooling in his eyes.

"Jason, please save me" my voice was strained also, my comment making a stray tear glide down his cheek.

In an instant his hands were gently caressing my cheeks, his eyes holding so much emotion in them I went weak at the knees.

I have to do it.

I have to feel his plump lips on mine.

I have to kiss him.

As I was leaning forwards, my eyes closing, the balcony doors burst open and Jason quickly shielded me from whoever was now standing before us.

"Son, so glad you could make it" him.

"If you let me take her home now, no harm will come to you or your members" Jason's voice was full of pure rage.

"Oh I'll let her go, just right after my lovely presentation" I scoffed at his comment.

"Let me go? You will never let me go" I seethed from behind Jason's protective stance.

"You have my word Maddison, our divorced has already been approved" I starred at him in shock and suspicion.

"what does she have to do?" Jason barked back "what do I have to do?" he added, obviously not sold on Jeremy's statement.

"Maddison simply has to stand up on that stage with me while my presentation plays and then once that is done, she is free to go" I felt like time stood still.

Was he really going to let me go?

I zoned out of the conversation Jason was having with his father as I thought about my now 5 year olds bright smile.

Her big hazel eyes.

Her cheeky dimples.

Would he really set me free? Divorced and all.

"You will be safe" Jason's voice whispered in my ear, bringing me back to the real world.

I silently pleaded with him to not let Jeremy lead me away but once his hand left mine, I knew it was no use.

"You'll be safe, I promise" Jason repeated as he stepped through the balcony doors and into the ballroom.

I didn't want to take my eyes off him but once Jeremy had led me to the stairs I had no choice.

I gazed out into the crowd of Jeremy's gang members and soon spotted Jason, not to far away to the left of the stage.

Please God, just protect us from this evil man.

I pleaded with the higher power as Jeremy began to speak.

"Good evening my loyal and brave subjects, I thank you all for coming to this important moment of our life" he softly gestured to me "Maddison and I have recently divorced but I thought that instead of dwelling on the subject, why not celebrate it" I peered out to the many people of the crowd to see most of the men smirking.