Chapter 5: Stay Away From Me

Start from the beginning

"Hyung knows PD Nim's plus one?" Namjoon mumbled out, forehead crinkling.

"If he does I don't think it's a good thing," Yoongi lowly added, eyes gawking over at the exit/entrance Hoseok and you had left from, "...she doesn't seem too friendly from what I could tell from here."

"Yes, she looked mad," Jimin worriedly spoke out, eyes searching for his hyung to come strolling inside again.

"Anyone want some?" a voice blurted out.

All the worried and puzzled members glanced away from the door and over to Jin who obliviously had his hand out. A spoon was filled with broth as it rested in air. The oldest hyung was trying to usher it to all the members around the table. Seeing as none responded, simply staring at him in disbelief, Jin shrugged before taking it back and sipping from it instead.

"Just tryna be nice," Jin popped out, moving to devour into his food once again.

-

"Just tryna be nice," you chimed out, anger laced with your words as you let the man's hand go the moment you were a fair enough distance from the crowding guest that were trying to get into the big hall. "I'll give you five minutes of my precious time...after that, never will you speak to me again, understand?"

Hoseok's eyes softened at that. Seeing as you were whisper yelling over at him, he glanced around the area and spotted a few eyes lingering in his direction. He tried his best to ignore it, focusing on you and nothing but you. The last thing he wanted was to irritate you more than you already were.

"I can't promise that I won't try to speak to you again," Hoseok said gently, growing awkward when you snorted at that.

"You've been doing it for 5 years now," you retorted, amused, "I'm sure a couple hundred years more won't be a bother."

Hoseok felt a full-grown lump starting to form at the back of his throat again. Noticing your lips moving so close to him, he hated that everything was just hatred in that moment. Rightfully so, he sighed mentally, Like I said before...I deserve this reaction.

"I uh—"

You didn't speak, waiting for him to say whatever he had to say.

Hoseok pursed his lips. He couldn't find words. No matter what he tried to do or say, he knew you'd turn it down faster than he could even process it through his mind. But if anything, he knew if he wanted to say something, this was the time to do so...now or never.

"I'm sorry Y/N...I'm sorry for leaving the way I did," Hoseok began, eyes soft as he stared directly into your pupils, "I-I, I'm sorry that I lied to you."

You didn't say anything, tongue poking annoyingly at your cheek as you waited for five minutes to pass by. His words came in one ear and out the other. That's how it should be, I'm old enough to realize that sappy phrases don't been shit when coming from an innocent face like his. Learned that the hard way, didn't I?

"I know that you're probably counting down to the moment where you can walk right away," Hoseok continued, voice almost begging now, "...but please, please—I know it's a lot to ask, but can you give me at least one shot in trying to make things better, I—"

You scoffed, eyes purposely making it visible that you were no longer paying attention to him, but rather the huge clock that was across the lobby.

Hoseok swallowed his words. Seeing you literally counting down seconds before him, his heart sank. Upper lip twitching for a moment, Hoseok needed this. He needed this next step he was about to pull. Hands moving over your hand instantly, the kind-faced man smiled at you reassuringly when you grew surprised over him dragging you away now.