"How the hell did I miss this shit!" She spat to herself. She had not received any notifications about the weather forecasts at all. When she tried to rebook her flight she kept receiving an error message but she just figured she need to go to the airport and try.

"How fucking stupid am I?" She asked herself in aggravation.

Flashback

May 12, 2012

Beyonce had just walked into her home from a stressful day work. It was her first day as a teachers assistant and she was very excited that she made it through the day.

"The first day is the roughest," principle Lyles assured her throughout the day and she truly believed that.

Slipping her shoes off at the door, she walked towards the stairs.

"Charles!" She knew her husband was home because his car was in the drive way. She waited and received no answer.

"Baby I'm home!" She yelled as she walked up the steps. Beyoncé was now cautious. Times like these she didn't know what to expect. He could either be happy or angry there was no in between. As she approached the door she sighed because everyday it was something.

As soon as she opened the door, she was met with A fist to her nose. She fell back and hit floor.

"Where the fuck were you?" Charles asked bent down into her face. He waited for her lie, he truly believed she was cheating on him. Why wouldn't she? She was beautiful and could have any man she wanted but she chose him and he couldn't understand why. But he knew he wouldn't let her leave him ever. He watched as blood seeped from her nose onto the carpet and she cried covering her face with her hands not answering him.

"I know you fucking hear me! Where have you been?" He asked again this time slapping her arms away from her face so he could actually see the damage he had done. He smiled knowing that no man would want her looking like this and he could keep her to himself. However, he still needed an answer. He lift his hand again to strike and she spoke before his hand connected to her face.

"I was at work! I wanted to earn some extra money for your birthday." She really did. She wanted to plan him a party but she wanted to pay for it. She didn't want his money and for once she wanted to do something in her own.

"I could have given you the money!" He yelled.

"I don't want-" she stopped feeling his hand connect with her jaw.

"I'm talking dammit. You don't interrupt me. How fucking stupid are you? You think I'll believe the shit that comes out of your mouth? It's okay I'll beat those brain cell right back into your dumbass." He said pulling her by her hair. Beyoncé kicked and screamed but nobody could help her. He treated her as if she was a punching bag that night and she would never forget it.

*
*
*
Present day

Beyonce shook her head at the memory. It was something she wanted to forget but it was hard. For some reason she couldn't shake it. It didn't matter that she'd mad it out or even that he was in jail now. She still found herself looking over her shoulder. She started crying without realizing it.

Beyoncé wanted so badly to live her life freely but she couldn't. She was terrified most of the time. Even after she took defense classes she couldn't defend her self when her student attacked her so it was useless, she was useless she reminded herself. How was she going to last three days with this man.

She didn't know and it scared her. She pulled out her ringing phone and answered seeing Nicki's name pop up.

"Nicki," she whispered because she was still crying.

"Bey what's going on? Are you crying?" Beyoncé shook her head as if Nicki could see her but she answered as well.

"I can't stay with somebody I don't know!" Nicki understood where her friend was coming from. She had been there when Bey went through it. She remembered visiting her and how that played a big part in her relationship now. Nicki didn't want to give meek a chance at first because of the crap She saw Bey endure. It wasn't until a year ago that Nicki had actually broke down and married meek. However, it took him nine no's before he got a yes. Beyoncé on the other hand wasn't so lucky when it came to love and the sad part was Charles was all she knew. He was her first everything and that is why Beyoncé is so broken.

"Beyonce, I promise he won't hurt you. He's hurting himself so he's probably going to stay away anyway."

"Nicki-"

"No Bey just listen. You need this time to fix yourself. You told me that. You have done everything else now is the time and you know this is the place where you won't have to look over your shoulder. You'll be free Bey. You need this for yourself and your future. Don't let this be a set back because it doesn't have to be unless you let it." Nicki was right she needed this time.

"The airport is closed for the next three days Nicki. I swear if something happens that I don't like I'm leaving after the storm." She sighed.

"Okay, nothing will but if it does I'll kill him don't worry." Beyoncé smiled hearing her friend's words of protection.

"Thank you Tanya."

"You're welcome Giselle."

*
*

What do you think about the flashback?

Should Bey stay?

Shawn and His relationship with his mother?

More flashbacks will come with Shawn too.

Thanks For Reading!

Comment and Vote!

Until Next Time ✌🏾️