[22]

They were all gathered in the Salvatore's living room. "So.... what's the plan?" Caroline asked dragging out the 'so' while glancing down at her nails.

Mr. Salvatore cleared his throat awkwardly and looked at Sheila pleading her to explain. Sheila sighed but didn't complain. It was her plan after all and she knew that Mr. Salvatore was nervous about it. Despite his tough man act, he was a real softie.

"A while back a good friend asked for help. He was having problems with his son. His son got jealous easily and wanted to be leader of the coven. But he had a twin sister so that meant they would have to battle to gain the title as leader. The boy's parents knew that he was the stronger twin, so they carried on having children till they had a secound pair of twins. He realised what they were doing and slaughtered all his brothers and sisters. Luckily, the twins and his sister escaped." Gram let's out a tiered sigh.

"Erm, with all respect Grams, I still don't understand how this is going to help us?" Elena says nervously. Grams was like family and Elena didn't want her to feel disrespected.

"Sorry dear, I got a bit carried away." Grams apologises, "So, I helped my old friend send his son away in his own personal jail." Grams takes a deep breath before continuing, "The person who we think took Katherine, is an original vampire , named Klaus Mickealson. He is dangerous and ruthless, and Jenna believes that Katherine will be willing to sacrifice herself to send him away."

"Wait, what!? Take a step back!" Damon says, being as dramatic as ever.

"Yeah, Grams, what are you talking about?" Bonnie chimes in.

"Sacrifice? How about we all take two step back!" Elena says jumping out of Stefan's arms. "Katherine is my sister, there will be no sacrificing anybody!"

"Just think about this. We take out two birds with one stone," the sheriff says, looking at the teenagers with pleading eyes, "Think about the rest of humanity."

"As much as I hate to say this, my mum has a point." Caroline sighs. Bonnie, Elena and Stefan shoot daggers at her.

Damon walks over to Caroline and puts his arms around her. "Hey, Caroline is right. I don't like the sound of sacrificing anybody, but this isn't just about us any more, this is about everyone."

Elena sighs, "I just wish it didn't have to be like this." Stefan moves closer to Elena and rubs small circles on her back reassuringly.

"But it has to be." Stefan says, dread laced in his voice. He knew what had to be done.

"So, now that we have all agreed, let's discuss how we are going to contact Katherine. I will need the Gilbert's close to me, but no blood will be necessary. We will write her a note and I will burn it and send it away with magic." Grams explains and everyone nods there heads.

Elena and her mum stand closest to Grams as she lights a single candle. Next, she writes a message on the piece of paper and holds her palm flat out and put the paper on it. She starts chanting and as she does so, and lights the piece of paper on fire.

Stefan and everyone else watches as the piece of paper turns into nothing but ash. Grams seems unharmed from the paper previously bursting into flames on her very palm.

"It is done." Grams announces, "Let's just hope she finds it."

~

Katherine glares at her captor. "This is kidnapping."

Klaus simply smirks. "I can't kidnap what is already mine."

Katherine groans. This man was obviously crazy and Katherine wanted nothing more but to be away from him. She was sitting on a bed, which she presumed to be Klaus'. His phone rings and he answers it, getting up and leaving the bedroom in a hurry. However, Katherine knew that he was just outside the door and that there was  no way to escape. Suddenly there is a lump in the matress she sits on.