[8]

A/N
Hey guys! Originally this story was not going to involve vamprires, but a couple new charecters come in. Instead of the typical turning of a vampire, a human turns into one by a vampire biting them. This just makes it easier for me ( you'll find out soon). I hope this doesn't ruin or change the story for you. xx

Stefan
Halloween party?

Caroline couldn't possibly talking about THAT Halloween party.

The one he was going with Elena to. Could she?

"Y-you mean the one t-this week?" Stefan asked afraid the answer Caroline would give him.

"Duh!"

Yep.

Caroline just confirmed his worse nightmare.

But the funny thing was that Stefan didn't remember ever asking Caroline to got to the party with him.

In fact he was certain he never asked her.

"What is their a problem?" Caroline asked, hands on her hips.

Stefan struggled for words.

Sure Caroline was a bit annoying and horrible at times, but she was one of Stefan's bestfriends and worried what he'd say next would ruin it.

"It's just that.. I kind of, erm asked Elena to that party.."

Caroline jaw dropped to the floor, and it seemed that for once she was struggling for words.

"Why would you ask her?" Caroline said, the words coming out as a wisper.

"Because I like her." I replied simply.

For a moment he thought Caroline was about to cry, but then anger crossed Caroline's eyes.

"Get out."

"What?" Stefan said too stunned to move.

"I said get out!!"

Caroline
How could he?

How could he have done that to her?

Caroline had been nothing but nice to Stefan since he's moved to Mystic Falls and they'd hanged out with eachother a lot and even done some other stuff together as well.

If had been 20 minuets since Stefan had left Caroline room.

Stefan had never asked Caroline to the party, but she always presumed that he just was taking her.

And now he was taking Elena.

The girl who was once her bestfriend, the girl who was now her enemie.

Caroline had thought that this year would be hers, as Elena seemed to be staying away from school and even when she was their she was unusually quiet almost as if she was afraid.

After sitting there in silence for several more minuets, Caroline descided that their was no point I just sitting down doing nothing, wishing she was lying in Stefan's arms, so instead she pulled out her shortest dress, ruffled her hair a bit, grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

Damon
Damon Salvatore walked through the door into the Mystic Grill.

It was crowded with kids as their was a band playing.

Damon smiled remembering all his good times in this place as a child.

He heard some girls giggling behind him, and when he turned around he saw a red head and two brunettes.

He smiled at them, causing them to giggle even louder, one of them trying to call him over, but Damon wasn't paying attention to them anymore.

He was looking at a tall blonde girl who had just stormed in.

Trouble was radiating of her and Damon liked trouble.

He craved it.

That was propably why he always got into fights in school and hung around with the wrong types of people.

However, Caroline hadn't saw him yet and just stood their, looking as if she was to about to burst into tears.

Damon almost went over to her, but then remember why he was in the Mystic Grill to begin with.

He was looking for his brother.

Stefan.

Damon had stopped by the Salvatore boarding house, but his father had told him that he wasn't home yet.

By the loon in his fathers eyes, he knew that he wanted Damon to stay.

So that they could talk.

But, Damon didn't feel like being given a lecture, he didn't feel like telling his father how he spent his time travelling the world, drinking and hanging around with girls.

He didn't want to see the disappoint in his fathers eyes.

So instead he'd left and descided to leave and look for his brother, on his way a small brunette girl stopped him and asked him if he was going to see the band playing at the Mystic Grill.

Damon had said no and she had walked of, but then he thought, what a perfect place to look for Stefan, so he had headed straight their.

Damon forced himself to turn away from the girl, and head straight through the crowd.

He asked many people if they'd seen his brother around and they'd all said no.

Finally Damon gave up looking and headed to the bar descided to get a pint of beer or even better, some bourbon.

Besides, Damon was staying in town for a while and there'd always be time to catch up with his little brother later.

"Hey, stranger." said a voice.

He turned around to see a girl standing in front of him, the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

The girl he'd laid eyes on before.

"I'm Caroline."

Stefan
After Caroline had kicked him out, Stefan had taken a walk near the lake.

He was sad that Caroline had sent him away, - possibly forever - but he was also relieved.

Being near Caroline was like being near something toxic or like a ticking time bomb.

You never knew when she was going to blow up or who'd her next victim be.

Stefan heard crunching behind him and turned around to see Elena looking at the river.