9.

Once Marcus had walked out the door, I knew deep down inside that he was finished with me. I was just really in denial and I was determined to keep my husband. I had nobody to call on in this moment. I was literally alone as usual.

One of the only friends that I had was not speaking to me and I didn't even blame her for that to be honest.

Sighing deeply, I picked up my phone and dialed a number. I prayed that they would answer my call.

"What Kyra?"

I let the huge breath that I was holding out. "Can you meet me somewhere? I...I just need someone to talk to."

"Come to my house." They hung up instantly before I could even say okay.

I quickly showered and got myself dressed before making my way out the door. About fifteen minutes later I had arrived at my destination. After exiting my car I glanced up to see Terron at his door.

Was it wrong for me to be here? No. Before all of this, Terron was my friend. It wasn't until later down the line did he become a man that I occasionally slept with. We grew up together so he should understand me.

"Good evening. How may I be of assistance to you? If you came for sex then you may as well turn around. I'm done with that." He said with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

I rolled my eyes. "That is not even why I came. Can we please go inside?"

He said nothing but stepped to the side to let me in.

"Marcus knows." I said after we had been sitting in his living room in total silence.

"I know that he knows."

"And?" I questioned.

"He's not even mad at me. I mean we had a little fight but that's it." He shrugged. "It's you that he really hates."

"Yeah right." I scoffed, twisting my face up. He didn't hate me. Marcus loved me.

"Ky, just face it. We all knew that you were a ho. You've been sleeping around forever. Marcus always knew but he just couldn't prove it. Not to mention that he saw something in you that made him marry your ass."

"This was a mistake!" I yelled. "Fucking with you or anyone else was a mistake! Why is everyone making it seem as if mistakes can't possibly happen?"

He placed his hand on my knee to calm me down. "One time can be deemed as a mistake. We weren't a mistake because it was going on for years. I tried to warn him about you but he made his decision."

"Alright. How can I fix this? I don't want him to leave me. We have a baby and I just want my kid to have a family."

"Are you sure that it belongs to him? I mean-"

"YES!" I cut him off. "It's his. I calculated and it belongs to him."

"I don't know. Just pray or something and see what happens."

"You know I am not a religious person."

"Then I don't know what to tell you my nigga." He shrugged.

Feeling as if I was getting nowhere with him I made the decision that it was time for me to go.

After leaving from Terron's house I headed on back to my own. My feelings were definitely hurt and I no longer had anyone to go to with my problems about. Terron was right, I needed help.

Although cheating on your spouse is what I grew up around I thought that it was the right thing to do. I thought because my mother did it that I could do it also. You live what you learn right? I had to fix this mess that I had caused but I just didn't know where exactly to start

---

It had been a few weeks since I had last seen or heard from Marcus. I was missing him like crazy and found myself crying everyday and all day. I blew my nose with a Kleenex for the thousandth time today. I looked up at the tv mounted up on the wall in my bedroom at my wedding reception playing across the screen.

Marcus and I looked so happy. The tears began rolling down my face as I watched our first dance to Chrisette Michele's "Golden". I ruined that happiness that we had.

I was to blame. Yet here I was blaming him for the hours that he kept or not having and spending enough time with me.

Fed up with looking at the tv, I turned it off and slid my body down the headboard so that I was flat on the mattress, curling myself into a ball so that I could cry myself to sleep.

I woke up to noise in my bedroom a few hours later. I sat up and allowed my eyes to adjust to the bright light that was covering the room. Marcus was home. Not only was he home but he was packing suitcases.

I was so excited to see him even though I knew that the feeling wasn't mutual. "Marcus, what is this?" I asked him after taking notice that the things he was packing belonged to me.

"Your shit." He said without even looking at me.

"My shit?"

"Yes. Yours. I'm putting you out. I told you that."he paused to look my way. "I thought giving you a couple of weeks that you would've had time to find you a place to live because you aren't staying in my house any longer La'Kyra. I don't care. You should've thought all of this through before you fucked me over."

I watched as he grabbed my suitcases and threw them down the steps.

My bottom lip quivered as I tried to hold my tears in. "But I have nowhere to go."

"Yeah well you can't stay here. I don't even want to be in your presence right now." He told me. "I paid for this. My name is on this mortgage, not yours. And according to the prenupt, if one of us cheats we leave this marriage with what we came with. With that being said, your clothes and shoes are at the door."

"Marcus," I started. "I don't understand."

"And I don't understand how you could cheat on me most nights and come smile in my fucking face. I did everything for you! Everything!" He shook his head. "I knew you were a ho but I decided to look past that because I saw something in you but you just had to step out on me. Goodbye Kyra."

Shaking my head, I reached out to grab him and he moved away so fast. "Can I just stay until the morning?"

"No."

Realizing that he wasn't budging, I just walked on down the stairs to get my things and leave. I sat in my car until about 7AM before heading to the one persons house that I knew was awake.

I rang the bell once and seconds later Britni answered the door. "Do you know what time it is?"

"Listen Brit, Marcus put me out and I have nowhere to go. Can I please just crash here for a few days?"

She let a small humorless chuckle out. "Now you need me after you betrayed me and had the nerve to come here and slap me?" She placed her hand on her large belly. "You have some nerve."

"I know I was wrong but just please cut me some slack. I'm going through a tough time." I tried to explain.

"Did you cut me some slack when you went behind my back and told my fiancé that I was pregnant?"

"Your fiancé?" I questioned.

"Yep. He proposed." She said waving her left hand in my face. "I bet you were hoping that he would leave me so I could be lonely and miserable like you. I know you Kyra. I know that's what you wanted."

I remained silent because what she said was partly true.

"Baby, who's at the door?" I heard Don yell.

"Oh, it's just a Jehovah's Witness." She called back to him. "I told them that I already know the Lord so they're leaving now."

I didn't hear what he said back because she immediately slammed the door in my face. I knew that Britni was only acting this way because she was hurt. Once you hurt her she's going to become the most petty individual in the world.

I thought that she would be one person that I could depend on no matter what we were going through and I was completely wrong.