8.

When I saw my husband standing there I knew that it was too late to try and cover this up. He had heard everything and I couldn't even make up a lie to tell him that what he had just heard wasn't even true.

"Please tell me that this is some type of joke going on and that Britni is just making this up." Marcus spoke.

I kept opening my mouth to speak but nothing would come out. Marcus stood there with his eyes closed, his fist clenching the bag handles that possibly held my lunch.

"Baby, can we talk about this at home?" I asked finally finding my voice.

"What home?" he scoffed. "Did you want to talk at home when you were out in these streets being a ho?"

Instead of answering him, I just looked down at my feet. I couldn't say anything.

"No you weren't so save that shit. I'm out here day in and day out breaking my fucking back, working to make your life comfortable and happy and you go and fuck the next nigga." He continued. "And not only is he the next nigga, but one of my friends. You got me fucked up if you think we are going to talk this out. There's no coming back from cheating."

"Marcus it's not-"

"And then you had me thinking that maybe we couldn't have kids or that maybe my sperm count was low and the whole time you're out here aborting babies." He looked at me in disgust. "I don't even want to look at you. I thought you were better than this."

"Marcus just listen to me!" I yelled.

"I can't do that." He said before turning around to walk out. I reached out to grab his arm but he snatched away as if I had some type of disease.

Him doing that to me had crushed my entire heart to pieces.

"I love you and it was just two times. Please don't walk away from me, we're pregnant and oour baby needs you!" I cried, tears falling down my face.

He turned around and looked at me with a soft face before his facial expression changed into disbelief. "I highly doubt that it belongs to me."

I couldn't do anything but slide down to the floor and cry as he walked away without looking back at me. How could he so easily walk away from me like that?

After getting myself together, I collected my belongings and car keys.

"Tati, cancel my classes for the day." I called behind me as I went through the door to leave.

Once I was comfortable in the car, I cranked it up and sped my way to Britni's house. Pulling into her driveway I threw my car in park and got out. I didn't even bother to turn my car off.

She was the cause of this and for that she was going to have to pay. I began banging on her door as if I was the police. When she finally opened her door and I saw her standing there, all that I saw was red. Before I knew it I had reached out and slapped her clean across her face.

"You are a complete bitch Britni James! I fucking hate you! How dare you come and ruin my marriage? How dare-" My words were cut shirt as I fell backwards on the ground.

I held my face glaring up at her. She had just punched me twice. I removed my hand from my face and noticed that my nose was bleeding.

"Didn't I tell your ass that just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that I won't whoop your ass? Don't fucking do it to yourself La'Kyra. You got that?" She asked me as she had a tight grip on my hair, making me look up at her before letting me go.

I took initiative to jump back up and go after her because I was not about to allow her to beat me up. Before I could lay another finger on her she had two pieced me again. Every time I went to hit her, she blocked it but she didn't bother to hit me again. For someone who was almost seven months pregnant she was giving me a go.

"You let a secret out the bag!" I yelled at her, crying in the process. "You did this!"

"You did the same to me. The only difference between us is that I still have my man and you don't." She said unbothered. I watched her step back into her house and close the door.

In a way I knew that it was wrong to come here and put my hands on her. I just needed someone besides myself to blame for all of this. She was the easiest to put it on. I just got up and drove myself back home.

When I fully entered the house I immediately cleaned my face up before taking a hot, relaxing bath. Britni had did a number on me. My right eye was black and my left had a small cut under and not to mention my nose was still leaking.

I knew that once Marcus came home that we could talk this out and continue with our lives from there. I had decided to cook him a dinner consisting of salmon, mashed potatoes and asparagus. I had lit a few candles and waited for him to come home. One hour turned into two and two turned into three and I had ended up dozing off.

Around 2AM I woke up still at the kitchen table with a cold meal and the candles so low that they weren't even burning. Reality hit me that Marcus wasn't coming home. Blowing out the rest of the candles that could be saved I left the plates on the table and made my way upstairs.

I grabbed my phone and text Marcus asking him why he wasn't home. I saw that he read the message but didn't bother to respond so I forced myself back to sleep.

Around 6AM I woke up and decided to call Britni. I was still angry with her.

"Why are you calling me so damn early in the morning?" Britni answered.

"This is truly your fault."

"Kyra if you don't get your pitiful ass off my fucking line. Stop trying to blame me for your wrong doing. I didn't make you fuck Terron or any other men who weren't your husband. How many times have I told you to cut it out and you didn't listen and told me to mind my business?" She told me.

I couldn't even say anything else to her.

"Now if you are done, I am hanging up this phone. Goodbye."

That bitch. I called out of work later in the morning. I just wanted to lay in bed and cry myself to death. In the middle of my crying, Marcus came home. I guess he wasn't expecting me to be here because he had a look of surprise on his face.

"Baby you're home. Come sit down so we can talk. I know you must have a lot of questions." I rambled.

"Actually I don't. I'm just here to get a few things." He said while in the closet.

"Where are you going?"

"To clear my head because I don't want to be around you right now and probably never again. You...you really hurt me Kyra. I don't know how you could live with yourself at this point."

"Can we please just-"

"No we cannot do anything. I'll see you when I decide to come back here and even then it might be to kick your cheating ass the fuck out." He said before hiking his duffle bag on his shoulder and walking out of the bedroom.