Chapter 5

Luke POV
"Luke?" I heard my mothers soft voice call.

"Hi mom can I ask a favour?" I asked nervously.

She quietly laughed,"Go ahead Luke."

"I am wondering if you could come down to the hospital in Atlanta and I will explain more when you arrive." I explained biting my nails nervously.

"Son are you okay?" She asked frantically,"Are you hurt?"

I smiled slightly,"I'm okay mom. I promise. We just need your help." 

******

I sighed when she walked in, a panicked expression plastered on her face. I haven't seen that look since my father went under the radar for a week during service back when I was a boy and she had just had my little sister.

She came over and hugged Lauren, of whom she saw laying on the bed. "Dear are you alright?"

She nodded and smiled at my mother,"Yeah I'm okay."

My mother nodded and sent her a smile before she saw Juniper's crib,"The baby?"

I nodded,"Juniper is fine nothing happened to her. Lauren saved her mom."

She hugged Lauren and whispered something to her. Lauren started to tear up and nod.

I went over and picked up a fussing Juniper and cradled her softly. "Its alright baby girl Daddy has you." I whispered to her.

I looked up and saw my mother looking at me expectantly. I walked over to her and placed the calm baby into her small arms.

She smiled down at Juniper and said in a baby voice,"You are so beautiful Juniper. Look at you, just perfect." 

By now I was sitting on Lauren's bed with her, smiling at Juniper and my mom. They looked so wonderful together. "She's a real good baby."

Lauren nodded and smiled,"For the most part. Just not when she is changing clothes or when she is hungry."

I cleared my throat,"Mom we were wondering if you could take her back to our house and keep her company until Lauren can leave."

"We just don't like having her at the hospital if that would be okay with you." Lauren added softly due to the fact that my mother already had Juniper asleep.

My mother nodded,"Yeah I would love that." She paused for a moment and I watched as she ran a finger across her rosey cheek and asked,"So when are you two going to be getting married?"

"Soon as possible mother." I replied and grabbed Lauren's good hand.

She nodded in approval,"I assume that you and Juniper will be taking Luke's last name?"

Lauren nodded,"Yeah but for now I think that we are going to leave it as Cohan."

She nodded and smiled at us,"She is so beautiful. You two did great."

I nodded and smiled.

******

Lauren POV
Two days later
I smiled as I finally came home. I smiled and hugged Luke's mom,"Thank you so much. I owe you one."

She smiled and shook her head,"Nonsense, now you two get settled in and I will be off." She walked to the door and was about to leave before turning around,"The darling is asleep in her room. She should be up in an hour or so."

We nodded and saw her off before walking back inside and laying on the couch. We were watching The Walking Dead. I snuggled into Lukes warm chest and placed little kisses through the thick cotton everywhere and anywhere I could.