CH.11

Gabe sat on the floor of Amelie's dorm with his head in his hands. She sat on the bed and patted him on the head.
"So you told him?" Gabe grunted something and she nodded. he looked up at the empty spot where all of Lena's things had been.
"What happened there?"
Amelie shrugged, "She got an apartment with some friends, said i must be happy she was going to be out of my hair."
"Anyone else gonna move in?"
she shrugged again, but didn't say anything, instead she leaned against the wall and crossed her legs. "So he didn't take it well?"
"Nope."
"He kicked you out?"
"He was going to leave, but i told him i would."
"What's your plan?"
He looked up at her, "What do you mean?"
"Gabriel, what are you going to do? Just leave it as it is? Have the only person you've dated in two years hate you? You have to go back sometime."
he looked back at the rug and shrugged, "i don't know. I was just going to leave it as it is, sleep under your bed, live off whatever you drop."
she gently kicked him and he hit the desk next to her bed. "Don't you dare be sarcastic. You can sleep here for tonight, but tomorrow you have to think of something else."
"whatever." he sighed and put his head back on his knees.

when he woke up amelie was gone. She had texted him that she was going to have breakfast with Lena, and if he was here when she got back she would drag him to his dorm by his ear.
He got up and immediately walked out of her room, putting his hands in his pockets as he walked outside into the wind.
He wasn't going back to his dorm. Amelie was right, he had to think of something to say first. But what was there to say? Sorry the only reason we dated was because my friend dared me to.
Now that he was trying to avoid him, he seemed to be seeing jack more and more. He accidentally found himself in front of one of the buildings he picked jack up from, then he went walking through town and saw him with Lena.
He almost went to the dorm, just to grab another coat, but turned around when he saw his car.
Eventually he just walked over to a random park and sat down on a snow covered bench. he hadn't thought of a thing, and he never did. When it got too dark and he was starting to freeze from just sitting there He made his way back to the dorm.
He would say a vague, dramatic "I'm sorry." and if Jack asked "for what?" he'd say, "For
me."

He looked at the door to their room, half expecting there to be no jack, or expecting something to be thrown at him. He also slightly dreaded the thought that when he opened that door he'd be greeted with the same thing as Amelie, and Jack would be there cleaning out his things.
He opened the door, and inside all the lights were off. Jack was asleep in his bed, nothing was packed. It was almost like nothing had happened.
almost.
Gabe quietly shut the door and sat down on his bed. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Jack as he lay still underneath his comforter. Gabe leaned back and put his head on his pillow, starring up at the ceiling and hoping jack would be gone in the morning

------------------
A/N: i'm procrastinating from studying my finals rn...so here's an update! it'll get happier i promise