CH.9

"So where are we going?" Jack laughed, Gabe smiled as he drove through the town near campus. There was a much bigger town closer, but he had a certain place in mind that was nice enough to count, and also cheap.  Gabe glanced at Jack, it was winter now and every time Jack laughed he could see his breath in the air, and every time he felt his heart speed up a little bit.

"Just a small place for some dinner." he looked back at the road.

"Eight miles away from campus?"

Gabe shrugged, "Stuff is either too expensive their or a McDonald's, I wanted to go somewhere that wasn't a chain."

"Oh yeah? When did you start to care?"

"When I started to care." Gabe turned into the parking lot of a small but packed dinner. 

Jesse had decided he and Gabe were now best friends, and talked to him almost constantly. Through all of the useless garbage Jesse had overshared, one thing had actually been useful. He said that their was a nice, small restaurant that was always cheap. He debated for a while if he should trust Jesse or not, but decided that it was worth a shot. 

Amelie didn't seem to be worried about her date with Lena, but she wasn't working on it either. She was more interested in what Gabe was going to do, where he was going to go,  and what the next dare might be. 

"This place looks like the 50's threw up." Jack  laughed.

"So it's a good place?" 

He smiled, "Defiantly." he got out of the car as Gabe turned it off and got out with him. The inside was so crammed with tables and chairs that it was hard to get anywhere, but the workers seemed to slip past without touching anyone or anything. Jack was defiantly right about the 1950's thing, even the chefs had on uniforms that looked like it. A waitress escorted them to a small table near a window and slid away to the next group walking through the door. 

"Is it just me or do you always want to go to overcrowded places?"

"Hey I didn't know it would be packed. The guy at that coffee shop told me this place was nice." Jack laughed, "What?" Gabe asked. He looked aver and saw at a table a bit away from them Jesse was taking some peoples orders. Gabe groaned, "He's everywhere."

Jesse smiled at the people and moved away, he looked over and smiled wider as he saw Gabe and Jack.

"Oh so you do listen to me!" he laughed, "I thought I was just white noise to ya." He quickly took their orders and moved onto another table.

Jack looked over at Gabe, who still looked annoyed by Jesse which just made him laugh, "Do you hate him?"

"Yes. I swear, he doesn't have a filter. I know too much about everything." Jack laughed again, and Gabe smiled. 

The night droned on, the tables never seeming to clear out even as it reached 11 p.m. Gabe got up and went to warm the car up as Jack paid (which he insisted no matter how many times Gabe offered). He got outside and leaned against the car, he stared at the stars for a long time, a small smile on his face. He jumped as his phone knocked him out of his trance. 

"What, Amelie?" he sighed.

"You finish your dare yet?"

"Yeah, I finished it three seconds ago." he groaned, "Don't tell me you already have another one."

She was quiet, "There is only one reason I'm making this a dare." she said finally, "and that's because I know you're not going to do it otherwise." 

"What is it?" 

"You have to tell him the truth, Gabriel."

"What truth? I'm not hiding anything."

"What got you to date him in the first place?" he said nothing, "Why are you on that date now? At that specific non-chain restaurant? Why did you kiss him?" He stared at the ground and frowned.

"That's not true, I liked him to begin with-"

"You never would have acted on it and we both know it. They're all dares, Gabe. You have to tell him why you stared dating him."

"Amelie I'm not going to do that."

He could hear her sigh, "Think about it Gabe, I want the best for you, and the longer you wait the worse it'll be when you finally tell him." She hung up, and he took the phone away from his face. 

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Honestly I didn't really want to write their date scene, mostly because I didn't know what to write after that, so the next few chapters are going to be sad...It'll get happy I swear. Also, sorry about the long wait, I had to delete the Wattpad app because my phone has garbage storage