#11 The Beauty of the Sky

**Marisa's POV**

I leave the house and head out into the forest, not bothering with the trail. 'I already know where he is.'
I continue through the forest. The sky turning shades of orange, pink, and red, growing steadily darker as I walked, my pace slowed by my weakness. Eventually, I come to a clearing, the clearing I meet Seto and Sky in.
I stay on the edge of the trees, draped by shadows. I scan the trees until I spot him on a low branch of one on the opposite side of the clearing. He looked lost in thought, paying no attention to the forest around him, looking at the rapidly darkening sky. I step out of the trees, purposefully making noise so he would notice me, but he doesn't move at. I make my way over to the tree he's in. Once I'm under it, I lean my back up against the trunk of the tree.

We stay in each others presence in silence until the sky was completely dark. Finally he breaks it, still looking at the sky, "You should be the house, resting."
Then he jumps down out of the tree, then continues to gaze at the sky. "And you should be at the house demonstrating the progress you made over this past week, " I retort.

Silence falls yet again. But only before I talk to him, "It's not you fault, you know. " When I get no reply I continue, "I over did myself. I could have told you to stop. Olivia tried to stop me. I refused, I didn't listen to her. I was so caught up in needing to know your limits, that I forgot about my own in the process. So don't blame yourself, because I don't."

Silence falls over us again, and before either of us disturb it again the waning sliver of silver light that is the moon is almost right over our heads. "It's hard to believe it's been ten months since we meet in this clearing, " he says suddenly, finally looking down at me.
"I know," I tell him, "Now come on."

I walk back toward the house, and he follows, walking a bit behind me. But his words echo in my head, 'it's been ten months since we meet in this clearing.' "Ten months..." I mutter. A feeling that I rarely have comes over me. The feeling that I'd forgotten something, something very important.

The feeling did not leave as I walked back to the house, nor did it leave as I walked down the hall to my room. Nor as I cleaned and dressed for bed, or as I drifted off to sleep. Uneasy, difficult sleep.

******

When I woke up that morning, a feeling washed over me like a wave. I sat up on my bed and began to think. 'Ten months... what could I have forgotten... maybe a meeting... no...'
My thoughts trailed on like that for about hour. I ran possible senario through my head I could think of. I finally decided that thinking on an empty stomach wouldn't help, I got up and changed, then headed for the kitchen.

**Third Person Limited**

When she arrives in the kitchen, there are a few people already awake. So lost in thought, however, she doesn't notice. Jason, Ty, Olivia, and Seto notice her, and when they see troubled look on her face they stop talking.

'Ten months... what could it have been that was ten months ago?' She thinks, repeating this over and over in her head.
Olivia sets a bowl of stew infront of Marisa, who begins to eat, only slightly aware that she was eating.
"I know that face," says Olivia, looking at her sister in amusement. "She only makes that face when she's forgotten something. And with her, it could be anything. Anything from where she placed her toothbrush to the end of the world is tomarrow."
"That's it!" The thinker exclames.
"What, that the end of the world's tomarrow?" Olivia asks, laughing at her sister's now confused face.
"What!?" Marisa says, exasperated, it was obvious that she didn't hear her sisters comment, "NO! You remember, about a year ago, I made that deal with the unicorn?"
"Yeah, I remember," Olivia says, suddenly serious.

The two were completely obviously to the boy's, who's faces were changing from concern, to amusement, to amazement, to confusion, no longer able to follow the conversation.
"Well it's almost time, I nearly forgot until I talked with Sky last night. He said something that triggered my memory," Marisa tells her sister.
"Then we need to have a meeting and explain a few things," Olivia says, "But you need to finish eating first."
"I know," Marisa tells her.

(Kinda short, I'm sorry.
But, the last time I looked, I have almost 1K over all reads, and I want to thank every single one of you who reads this story. Also, this is going up midnight. {give or take a few minutes}
So,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

And hopefully it's a good one because last year was crap, it had it's moments, but it was still crap.

And, before you leave, go cheak out my new, close but not as close as I thought it would be, book, For Them We Stand, Against All Odds! I put a lot of effort into the prologue and that's one of my goals this year, to put that same effort into everything I do. Again, I can't thank you all enough for reading this and hope to continue writing this story for you all.