#8 Let's Spar!

*About a Week Later*

**Marisa's POV**

"Alright, now that all of us have fully recovered our energy, we can begin combat training." I tell the boys, Olivia standing beside me, "This time you can all learn together. For today, you will learn how to create a sword and fight with it. It's the same concept of transformation, just forming a weapon instead of wings. Sky, would you like to demonstrate how to create a sword?"

He looks up, nods, and closes his eyes. He starts to glow, and immediately starts fading, holding a sword in hand. I nod to him, "In order to form your sword, close your eyes, focus on what your magic power is, form a sword in your mind, and imagine your holding that sword, " I tell them.

Once I finish talking, they immediately close their eyes and focus. Seto is the first to form a sword, closely followed by Ty, Jason, Jerome, and Mitch about the same time, then Quiention, and finally Ian, who was still having slight difficultly using his magic. Once they finish, Olivia and I simultaneously form our swords.

"Now we set up sparing partners and work on combat. Who has experience with a sword?" Olivia asks.

Ian, Ty, Mitch, and Jerome  raise their hands. Olivia nods, "Partner up with one of them, Marisa, or myself."

Seto walks over to Ty, Jason joins Mitch, and Quentin joins Jerome. Sky walks over to me and Ian walks over to Olivia. Once everyone's paired and on a mat, I nod to Sky. "Lets begin, " I say.

He nods and brings up his sword, I do the same. We begin. I charge at him, swinging my sword at his side, he jumps out of reach, but only just. Because of the force of the swing, I am left wide open. He takes advantage of this, swinging in a manner similar to what I opened with in our previous match, regaining balance of my blade quickly, I block the swing. As the force hits my blade, I realize that he has a better balance with his swing. At this realization, I push upward with my blade, knocking him back. It's at this moment that I realize that the only other spar is Olivia and Ian.

In the seconds I was distracted, Sky had regained balance and was charging at me again. Using the same move as before, with more force this time. As I had been slow reacting, I didn't have enough time to duck my head enough to completely dodge the blow, which cut a few strands of my hair. I clenched my teeth, pushing Sky back full force, knocking him off balance completely. He lands on the floor. I dash over to him, putting the tip of my blade at his neck. "This time, I got you, " I say.

Looking up I see that Olivia has Ian in a similar position. I look over at the others, seeing that they were looking at us, but were in a fighting stance. They looked shocked. I rub the back of my neck. "You can go at any time, " Olivia says. This seems to wake them, and they turn to their partner and begin.

While I had been distracted, Sky had gotten himself up and was ready to begin.

I ready my stance, he nods and we begin. This time he charges at me, swinging his sword at my legs. I jump back, dodging the swing. I swing at him, grazing his arm as he jumps back. He flinches a bit, but that passes quickly. He holds his sword firmly, with a look of determination in his eyes. I realize, as he swings, that he wasn't very serious before. Because he's matching my swings, nullifying them so that only a clank sound is made as our swords make contact. I begin to take it seriously as well, beginning to having difficulty blocking his swings otherwise. We continue; dodge, swing, duck, block, swing, dodge...

It continues like this for a while, soon the clank and clash of our swords was the only sound. I lost sight of everything else, the only thing I can see is Sky and his sword. It didn't matter that this was only a spar, it didn't matter that the boys- Olivia even, had stopped sparing and were staring at us. The only thing I could see was Sky and the floor beneath my feet.

"MARISA!" I hear Olivia yell.

I don't turn, I just shake my head.

'I need to test his limits. I know what happens if I get to focused, but I have to test his limitations. Otherwise I won't know how much training he needs.' I think to myself, I know she won't hear it, but I hope she understands.

I continue dodging, swinging, ducking, not noticing anything else. So focused, in fact, that I didn't see Sky's swing at my stomach. Since I hadn't seen it, I didn't dodge it or block it or even protect myself. The swing hits my stomach, I look down at the blade, noticing blood. Olivia touches me on the shoulder, looking at Sky. She says something to him, but I can't hear what she said. My vision blurs, but I can make out Olivia as she picks me up.

'Well, shit,' I think to myself as I black out.

**Olivia's POV**

I place my hand on Marisa's shoulder, I look at Sky. "Don't worry about her, it's not your fault she bleeding, so don't blame yourself. Your blade isn't sharp enough to cause the wound in her stomach, nor is it capable of it, " I tell him, "The wound in her stomach was caused long ago, and is a grim reminder to her, everyday, that we have to win."

I motion to the others to come closer, as Sky, who has taken his blade away from Marisa's stomach, looks down at his hands. I pick up Marisa, then tell the boys to wait for me in the meeting room. I carry her over to one of the smaller mats. I pull her shirt up, once the boys left of course, and look at her wound.

'It's expanded since last I saw it. She should tell me when it does.' I think to myself.

I set to work on healing her wound, stopping the bleeding. Once the bleeding stopped, I worked to preventing it from growing. 'It's not permanent or normally able to be healed, but a win will mean we don't have to worry about it anymore.'

I carry her to her room, placing her on her bed. I head to the meeting room, seeing Sky was still looking at his hands.

"I wanted you all to come in here so I could explain what just happened. Marisa has a wound on her stomach, but it wasn't caused by Sky, nor was it opened by Sky. It is a wound that she has had for ten years. It's not one that will heal on it's own, nor with help from healing. There is only one thing that can heal it and that is the ointment in the hilt of the blade that stuck her. With that being said, I believe it time we told you why there was a need for a prophecy and why you have to train to fight, and win."