-Chapter Two- "Try not to think about it"

(I'm sorry but that picture is hilarious)
-------------------------------------------
The school bus pulled away as Lapis began her walk home. It was one of the things she looked forward to every day, a time that she was finally left alone to think and daydream about whatever she wanted.
She had to deal with being smothered by a bunch of people at school, so this was her relief.
Her bus stop was unreasonably far from her home, but Lapis learned to deal with it, just like she learned how to deal with other things.

She walked under the shade of a huge tree, and slowed her pace, enjoying the cool breeze that ruffled through her bangs. The blissful moment didn't last long before her thoughts started to ware on her.
Her parents were gonna be mad at her, she just knew it. She had that gut feeling.
Her parents were always disappointed in Lapis, no matter what she did.
Lately, her mom had been on her back over her Pre-Calculus grade. She had a D+ in that class.
Lapis sighed.
"It's not like I flunk that class purposely!"
She looked down at her feet as she walked.
"...I suck at math."
Lapis grimaced at the word. She hated math, and would always find ways to preoccupy herself instead of having to do it.

She always found herself staring at random things, pondering off into millions of thoughts that went through her head.
Calculus was way too advanced for her, but one things for sure... Peridot knew her way around Calculus, and in every class, she excelled.
Peridot was smart.
Lapis would catch herself staring at the blonde all the time. Sometimes, she didn't even realize she was doing it.
Lapis would stare at her hair and wonder how she got it so spikey every morning before school, or she would wonder what the shorter girl was thinking about during the lessons.
The bluenette didn't quite understand why, but she's wanted to get to know Peridot for such a long time. Of course, it seemed impossible to get a chance to talk to Peridot, with all those people swarming around Lapis all the time. It seemed as though Peridot didn't even like her at all... because whenever they had an encounter, Peridot would make up any excuse to get away.
Of course, this only made Lapis try harder to be Peridots friend, and she was determined to win her over.
Everyone at school didn't like Peridot because she dressed like a guy and was a "nerd".

Lapis just couldn't see the harm in the way Peridot looks or what sexuality she prefers... She was just being herself, and that was a very brave thing to do. Lapis admired that about Peridot.
Nonetheless, people still cut her down for everything she does, and the bluenette felt bad for the little nerd.
Lapis couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that people could be so mean to such an adorable person.
She wanted to be the shorter girls friend, even if it meant losing her popular status at school. She couldn't see why Peridot wasn't popular already...
Peridot was cool. Maybe others didn't think so, but Lapis did.
In a way, she found the blonde cute. Her hair was always spiked up all over her head in a way that just screamed "cute". Peri is pretty short compared to Lapis, and she has little freckles splayed across her cheeks and nose that fade down her neck.
Lapis giggled at the thought of Peridots childish appearance.
Whenever Lapis would have one of those "awkward" encounters with the blonde, she always found herself wondering what color Peridots eyes were underneath those green-tinted glasses. She always thought that they would be a dark forest green, or emera-
"What am I even thinking? Peri would never take her glasses off..."
Lapis giggled and ran her hand through her hair.
"But... what if she DID take them off? Wore contacts, maybe? God... her eyes are probably gorgeous."
The bluenette closed her eyes and smiled.
"Peridot is so cute."
Her eyes shot open.
At that moment Lapis felt uneasy. She steered over to a tree beside the sidewalk and leaned against it. The uneasiness came from her stomach, and within her chest.
Lapis bit her lip nervously. She didn't know what this feeling was; it made her want to throw up. She felt like she couldn't breathe.
"Do I LIKE Peridot? No... Lapis, you're straight!"
She regained her composure and focused on a crack in the sidewalk, tugging at a strand of her hair.
"Am I..?"
After a moment of nervously swirling a strand of hair on her finger, she jolted away from the tree and started to speed-walk home. 
"I don't need to think about this right now..."
She avoided thinking of Peridot as hard as she could and tried to think about other things, to no avail whatsoever. Then, the fear of her parents revisited her and made her begin to worry about what was to come. They might take her phone, or worse... they might make her sign up for tutoring. Her mom had threatened her with tutoring before.
Soon, her house came into view and she walked up the driveway.
"This ought to be good." Lapis mumbled to herself.
------------------------------
Peridot tapped her thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of a song that was blasting on the radio. She didn't even know the song, or LIKE it, but absolutely nothing could kill her mood. She was genuinely happy. It seemed like an eternity since a she had smiled this wide.
As the song ended, she pulled into the driveway of a huge, beautiful house, HER house, and took the key from the ignition.
Peridot grabbed her bag and then hopped out of the car, practically skipping all the way to the front door. Her dad wouldn't be home until 9:00pm, just like any other night, so Peridot pretty much had the house to herself most of the time. She threw her bag on the couch and ran into the kitchen.
She went to the cabinet, pulled out a full family sized bag of Doritos, and ran up the stairs to her room. She bounded over two steps at a time and nearly fell on her face when she reached the top.
She swung open her bedroom door and took a look around. Her bedroom was full of different shades of green. Wrappers and old pop cans littered the floor, laundry was thrown here and there. A couple of unfinished robots sat on her desk in the corner. She started building them for her technology class, but had not finished yet.
She flopped down on her bed, started scrolling through Tumblr on her phone, and began to eat her favorite snack.
------------------------------------
That's it for this chapter. ONWARD TO THE NEXT!