13. Stuff

Ari's POV

I knew this was a bad idea. I knew I shouldn't've watched that movie with him. It just brought back horrible memories I wanted to lock far away and never open. 

I tried shutting my mind off and doing everything I could to stop those nightmares from coming back, but it was too late. 

I could literally feel the growing pain in my chest when he said those things.

I could feel the pain that shot through my whole body as he hit me for multiple times.

I could feel my bones cracking all over again.

I could feel the small walls closing in and the cold wind flowing through the small holes. 

I could feel the pain up my body as he threw me against a huge brick wall. 

I could feel his hot, alcoholic breath fanning my face as his fist found my face. 

I could feel it all of it again. It was like I was experiencing those same things all over again. 

I felt strong arms wrap itself on my shoulders and I flinched away on reflex. 

"Hey, hey, it's okay, it's just me." I opened my eyes to see a blurry Ryan in front of me.

I wiped the tears covering my eyes and sniffled. Ryan reached out to me once again, but this time, I didn't flinch away. He pulled me on his lap and I was soon greeted with his warm embrace. 

I didn't usually let people get near to me like this, especially guys, but I felt like there was something different about him. Something about him made me feel safe every time I was near him. It was like he radiated safety or something. 

"Shh, shh, you're okay now. I won't let anyone hurt you. You're safe with me," He soothed me, drawing idle shapes on my back and rubbing my cheeks with his warm hands. 

Slowly, my breath returned and I eventually stopped crying. But then, I suddenly felt this wave of tiredness wash over me and I felt like I was about to pass out. The last thing I remembered before I blacked out was this brown-haired dude saying, "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." and then I felt some wet, warm, and soft stuff touch my forehead. 

I then felt something I hadn't felt in a while. I felt peaceful. Because I trusted this guy, whoever he was. I guessed I was too tired to decipher what was going on and my brain was too tired to work. 

Ryan's POV

I couldn't believe what just happened. I couldn't believe what this bubbly, cheerful girl that was my brother's best friend, this girl that loved food more than anything, was really a broken girl in disguise. I didn't know if she told me on purpose or it was just unintentional, but I didn't care. From this moment on, I swore to myself that had to get to know her better, and to hide her from harm's way, or in this case, the 'he' she was referring to, with everything I had. No one would fucking lay a finger on her.

~rewind a bit~ 

"Here it goes.." She sighed, and closed her eyes. I waited for her to continue, but she didn't. She just sat there, with her eyes closed, eyebrows furrowed, and fists clenched tight.

She started worrying me when tears started to stream down her face. I was about to ask her if she was okay, but then she spoke up. 

"Ow.." she whimpered while crying. 

"Ari, Ari, are you okay?" I tried to ask her, but she didn't seem to notice me. It was like she was in some other dimension or something.