prologue - Arielle's POV

PROLOGUE

~Arielle's POV~

Today was my 21st birthday. My stepsister, Sammie(which was 23) told me that I had to celebrate my birthday in a club this year.

Sammie was my stepdad's daughter. My mom married her dad when I was 7, and she was 10. And since then, we were inseparable. She was my rock, my role model, my sister, my best friend.

"Hey, you ready, sis?"

"Yeah." I said as I walked out of my room with a black long-sleeved shirt, baggy jeans, and black leather boots. It was a breezy day, and I didn't want to freeze to death.

"What. Are. You. Wearing." she stared at my outfit in horror.

"Um.. Should I put on something else?" I asked her, nervous. I'd never been to a club before. Never even drank a sip of alcohol.

"Damn right, you should! We're going to a club for goodness' sake! Not Gramma's funeral!" she yelled as she shoved me back to my room.

She opened my closet door, scrambled around for some of my clothes, and sighed. "Don't you have anything from this era?" she said as she pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. "You are going shopping with me tomorrow. First thing in the morning. As for now, you can borrow some of my clothes. You're lucky I'm such a generous sister."

I rolled my eyes and walked out to follow Sammie to her room. She started scanning her closet and throwing things out. She pulled out this red leather long-sleeved dress that, to me, was super short. 

"Sam. Don't tell me you're gonna make me wear that." She smiled an evil grin. "No. Nonononono. No." "Awe, come on, Ari. It's just one night. And it's your 19th birthday, let's make it special. Wear this, please? For me?" she begged me while holding the outfit out and batted those long lashes I'd always envied.

I glared at her a moment longer and finally admitted defeat. "Ugh, Fine. You win. But this is just for tonight, got it?" She squealed and tackled me to a hug.

"Happy Birthday, Ari."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so this is my first attempt at a fanfic, sooo i apologize for any mistakes i made! thanks for reading! hope you liked it:) {feedback is tootallyy accepted}