1. 'How We Met'

Arielle's POV

When I walked in to the club, I instantly hated it. Dark room with saber lights and really loud music. Drunk people everywhere. I knew Sammie had promised me she'd keep me company, but deep down I was sure she'd ditch me when she saw her boyfriend, Justin.

We sat down at the bar/drink counter and Sammie ordered me some kind of yellowish drink. Before I could ask her what it was, someone called out to her.

"Samsam!!" it shouted. I only knew one guy who would call her Samsam.

"Juju!!" she shouted back. I am utterly disgusted at the names they called each other sometimes.

She ran to hug him. It was like they hadn't seen each other for, like, a century, even though they were hanging out earlier today.

She glanced back at me, not releasing Justin from her arms just yet. She gazed back and forth between Justin and me. Then, she smiled pleadingly and apologetically at me until I finally sighed and said, "Fine, go." Her face lit up as she said, "Really?! Are you gonna be okay?" "Yeah, sure." I replied, half-heartedly. "Thankies Ari! You're the best!" She pulled me in to a quick hug and walked away with Justin. I watched them until they disappeared into the crowd of dancing drunk people, and I turned my head to stare at my untouched drink.

Am I really gonna do this? This smells awful. Maybe I shouldn't drink this. It's probably bad for my body. said one part of my mind.

But it's my 21st birthday. I should do something special, unique, memorable; like Sammie said. Maybe I'll take a tiiiiiny little sip. I'm finally legal anyways. said the other part of my mind.

Well, you only live once, so.....

I took the small cup and drank the whole thing in one gulp. It tasted awful. I squeezed my eyes shut and pursed my lips almost involuntarily after tasting that horrible drink.

I suddenly realized that I was in a public place, full of people (even though most of them are drunk, but still.). I scanned the room for people that would think I was a freak and I couldn't help but let out a short relief-sigh when I noticed that no one was paying attention to the freak in the corner.

Well, almost everyone. My cheeks instantly reddened with embarrassment when I saw a guy-a rather cute one, might I add-on the other end of the bar staring at me. He smiled when he caught me noticing him and I immediately looked down, feeling totally embarrassed. But his smile looked genuine, though, not like the mocking kind of smile.

I was so nervous when I saw the guy stand up and started to walk to where I sat down. My palms were sweaty and I didn't know why. Why was I so nervous?

I was lost in my own thoughts before someone touched my shoulder and I jumped. I turned around to see Mark, the guy I used to 'date'. Our relationship was going well at first, like any other couple. But then, it didn't work out because of some problems he had. I was the one who called it off, by the way. He did not take that well.

I shook his hand away from my shoulder and tried to get away from him. He was obviously very drunk. But before I could do anything, he turned me to face him, and crashed his lips onto mine in a not so gentle way. His breath smelled like alcohol and it was disgusting. I shoved him back and started to jog away, before he caught my waist and pulled me back to him.

"Where do you think you're going, Princess?"

"Let me go!!" I yelled.

He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "You're still mine, Princess, you'll always be."

I tried to get out of his grip, but he was much stronger.

I was about to scream from the top of my lungs, when suddenly, that previous cute guy, came between me and Mark and shoved him away from me. He had his shades on. I wondered why he would use shades in the dead of night, in a dimly lit club.

Up this close, that guy was really cute. He had brown, silky hair and an angular jawbone. I had to bite down the sudden urge to run my hand through that jawbone and play with that silky hair.

I was so distracted from watching him that I didn't realize that they were starting a fight, right here, in the middle of a crowded club. I put one of my hands on the guy's lower arm, and the other in front of Mark to try to break off their fight.

"Hey guys, do-" I was cut off as Mark drove his fist to the left side of my face. I gasped a bit and fell down as the pain jolted up.

Through the corner of my eye, I saw the guy staring at me with a shocked and concerned expression and almost immediately hit Mark straight on the nose. Ouch.

Mark tried to fight back, but the security guys pulled him out of the club. I could hear him screaming faintly, like from the distance because of the ringing in my left ear. Something like, "This is not the end! I will get you back, Princess! You are always mine!" accompanied by a snarl.

The guy bent down next to me and gently touched my elbows, like he was afraid I would break.

"Are you okay?" he asked me in a soft, worried voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied as I tried to fake a smile but winced when I realized it hurt.

He helped me up gently and walked behind me, like he was afraid I would fall. I suddenly felt like the ground was swaying and I felt like a large brick had hit my head.

I wondered where Sammie was. She was probably making out with Justin in the bathroom, unaware of the ruckus out here. And then my legs gave out and I felt two strong arms holding my body as the floor greeted me and it was all black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter. yay! How was it? Please comment! Feedback is much needed, accepted, and appreciated! xo