Chapter Twenty

LOUIS // OCTOBER 2020
Thirty-One Weeks

It has been five weeks since the whole cheating incident. Harry and Louis fell right back into sync, but Louis carried guilt. Harry lost money when he dissolved his portion of the company, something neither of them thought about. Louis wanted to cry when Harry told him, but his fiancé insisted him that it was going to be just fine.

Harry had a little more extra time on his hands now, which was a plus. He finished up the nursery. Which was perfect. They reused Olivia's changing table and repainted circular cribs looked amazing. They organized all of Reece and Amelia's clothes, which wasn't much because they purchased just a portion of it.

They had a baby shower scheduled for the following weekend, they just asked for clothes. They knew that having two babies who grow like weeds would outgrow clothes.

 They knew that having two babies who grow like weeds would outgrow clothes

It was Halloween, they were going trick or treating. They were going as a big group, minus Zayn, Liam, and Luka because Zayn was due in almost two weeks and way too pregnant to walk around for an hour. Olivia wanted to be Elsa from Frozen and Gemma coordinated baby Sophie's costume, who was now seven months old, as Anna from Frozen.

Harry was tying Louis' shoes, something that recently got difficult in recent weeks. The babies weren't moving that much recently. Just enough kicks for the kick count they did every evening, Louis thought it was probably because they were rapidly running out of room. Today, however, they were especially as quiet in there and there was a lot of pressure on his spine.

Harry asked, as he finished his left foot and moved to his right, "Feeling okay?"

"Yeah," Louis answered with a smile. He sighed as he felt some pain. It wasn't an intense pain, he had it all day long. "Just that stupid back pain."

"You want to stay home?" Harry asked, "I'll film Olivia going up to every house."

"You do that already," Louis said with a grin. "But, no. I'm good. I want to see Olivia go trick or treating. This is the last time she'll go as an only child."

Harry smirked, "Then, we'll have a house full of kids."

"Not full," Louis laughed, "We're having twins, not octuplets."

"That's true, but it'll probably feel like we have more than three kids." Harry said, his hand moving in lazy circles over Louis' recently hardened stomach. Louis smiled at the touch.

"We're going to be okay, right?" Louis asked. "With money and all."

Harry cocked his head to the side and smiled, "Of course, love. We have plenty saved up."

"We took a financial hit though, when you backed out of the business with Jason after I broke his nose," Louis stated.

"Yes," nodded Harry. "But it would've happened whether you hit Jason or not. He was... He was doing the business for other reasons then just music. You know that."