Chapter Twelve

LOUIS // JUNE 2020
Twelve Weeks

The babies were growing rapidly. Louis was officially in his second trimester and showing a cute little belly. It had gone from a pudge-like belly to a more rounded looking belly almost overnight. The school year for Louis was currently up, giving him and Olivia a lot of free time. Harry was still working until three times a week until the second week of July.

But Louis was still as tired as ever, Olivia had playdates almost everyday and her swimming lessons. Weekends were his time to relax. Harry noticed his newly formed belly a few days prior and he woke Louis up at almost six in the morning, on a weekend.

"Louis, love... Your belly. Oh my God," Harry said, sobbing almost.

Louis sat up, groggily and startled. "What? What's wrong?"

Harry's eyes were filled with tears as his big hands cupped the little area. He whispered, "You're showing. Like it's obvious now."

"I'll look at it later," said Louis as yawned and turned over on his side. "Why are you even up? It's Saturday."

"Had to go to the bathroom," Harry said. "I always speak to baby peas when I wake up before you."

"They're around the size of limes now," Louis corrected. "That's what the baby book said, anyways."

"Doesn't have the same ring to it, you know?" Harry said, leaning in and kissing Louis on the forehead. "Go back to sleep."

Louis didn't have to be told twice. He closed his eyes and fell straight back to sleep. When he woke up, feeling rested for the first time in awhile. It was half past ten in the morning, he couldn't remember the last time he slept so late. He got up, using the bathroom quickly before entering the kitchen area. Neither Harry or Olivia were there.

Louis went to the coffee machine to prep hot water for his tea. He was a little nauseous, but he luckily hadn't thrown up since his mum visited. He popped in two pieces of bread in the toaster and took his vitamins. As he waited, he placed his hand belly and felt the outward curve.

 As he waited, he placed his hand belly and felt the outward curve

He looked down and he could visibly see his bump. He felt that rush of realization rush through him again. He rubbed his hands over it and felt the tears rush down his stream down his face.

"Hi babies," Louis whispered to his peas.

He ate his toast with strawberry jam and looked at his phone. He had a few texts from Jade and Zayn. Jade wanted to come by the following week for dinner, they hadn't seen her in a little while. Louis had an appointment Tuesday afternoon for his twelve week, so he said she could come over on Tuesday. Zayn asked if he could bring Luka over later on in the afternoon. Louis agreed, saying to come after two-thirty.

"Hi, love," Anne said suddenly, startling Louis. Louis turned around and smiled at her as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" Louis asked, getting up from the kitchen table.