Chapter Seven **

LOUIS // MARCH 2020
Song of the Chapter: Can't Help Falling in Love by Haley Reinhart

{ A/N: the asterisk indicates that there will be a smutty scene within this chapter — ENJOY! }

Harry and Louis had enjoyed their time in London with Jay and the whole family, they got home Sunday in the early evening. Harry went to every appointment that following week. Louis was loving that Harry was off, it felt like that's how it always should be.

Thursday night, they got a call from Nick, their realtor, saying that they got the house and that they would be able to move in mid-April. Louis wished he had recorded Harry's reaction when they heard the news. He screamed, jumping on the bed like a child.

And Monday morning, the day of Louis' last injection, Harry cried. It was an emotional journey, for the both of them. This was the start of something great and it was going to change everything. All through his day at work, Louis' heart was racing.

He had his appointment today where he was having an examination to see if there was mature eggs. If they were, they could start trying today. If he didn't, they would have to wait two weeks and start another six week round.

After dropping off Olivia at Anne's, Harry and Louis headed to the fertility clinic. Harry drove because Louis was far too nervous and excited. He was praying that everything was going to go right for them, that the last six weeks weren't for nothing.

Once there, Louis signed in and was taken back immediately to do his blood and urine test. Nurse Kelly came up after the blood was taking and greeted Louis and Harry, "Hi boys, how are you two today?"

"Nervous, but excited," Louis answered.

"All normal emotions," Nurse Kelly said with a smile. "Up on the scale you go, Louis."

After taking his weight and his vitals, the nurse led them back to an examination room. She handed Louis a gown to change into and left for him to change. He changed, then sat up onto the table. Harry grabbed his knee and said, "It's going to be alright. Everything will work out."

"You think?" Louis asked, laying down on the table. He suddenly felt lightheaded. It must've been the stress and worrying all day long.

"Yes, love. She'll tell you that you have too many eggs and all of them are perfect," Harry said, leaning over and kissing Louis on the forehead. "You're perfect, and so will this."

"You're perfect, Harry Styles."

"Knock, knock," Doctor Carroll said before opening the door. She had a smile on her face, like she usually did, but Louis hoped and prayed she was smiling because his eggs were all there and ready.

"Hi, good afternoon," Louis said, sitting up. The doctor shook their hands as a greeting and then pulled something up on her computer screen.

"I just got your urine test back, the levels there are perfect. Textbook perfect, actually," Doctor Carroll said with a nod. "Blood work is still pending, but I expect the same thing. Your blood work has been perfect through this whole experience."

"Will that reflect in how many mature eggs I have?" Louis asked, his fingers tapping along his belly.

"Sometimes no, sometimes yes. Just because your body is handling the hormones injectables well, doesn't mean that your body is producing. Some people need several rounds of hormones before getting the maturity of eggs they need to fertilize. But the only way to determine that is by examination, which we'll do now. You two ready?"

Louis looked over at Harry, seeing his eyes wide with excitement. He smiled and looked back over to the doctor and said, "Yes."

Louis laid back on the table, placing his feet up in the stirrups. He hated the internal examinations, but he was excited as well. He closed his eyes, his hand reaching out for Harry. Harry grabbed it, his lips brushing over the knuckles lightly. Once the doctor set up the machine and washed her hands, the examination started. There was a sudden pinch and push inwards, and it was in. Louis hissed in pain.