Chapter 27: We're Home Honey!

This morning was silent. No birds, no soft wind, and no cars blaring about outside. Brows furrowing, the tall man moved away from the hotel windows side as he brought his form to move around the side of his bed. Eyes fixed on the new set of clothing out for him, he could hear the woman from the night before chuckling from the bathroom.

"What's your name anyway?" she perked out, voice muffled because of the loud water that streamed into the drain.

moving into his shirt, Helic waved his wet hair back into a slit as he pulled on his bomber jacket. Hands cupping over the gun he normally carried in his bag out, he slid it over into his pants, cold metal pressing against his back before he pulled his shirt back comfortably onto his torso.

"Don't got one!" he hollered back, tossing his duffel bag to the corner of the room before having his head whip away from the giggle escape the woman who continued to shower.

Hearing a knock over at his door, he had his hands pressed over the pistol hidden by his clothing as he slowly walked to answer the door. Opening at the door once seeing who was at the other side, Helic's eyes gleamed in instant excitement.

"Ah, I missed you!" the female chimed, laughing before throwing herself over to the man that stood before her once letting her in.

Helic's eyes shut immediately when the woman hugged him. Feeling himself resort back to years back in that moment, his head moved down into her neck as his arms grabbed her tightly against him.

"Tajh," he whispered out, sighing in relief.

The woman laughed, smiling hugely before burying her head into his neck as well.

Pulling away, Tajh's huge smile fell a little when hearing a soft female's voice rage from behind the bathroom doors of the hotel room. Awkwardly glancing back at Helic who stared over at the bathroom and then over at her, Tajh nervously laughed before moving away from the man instantly.

"Oh, I didn't know you had company, I-I—"

Helic's eyes softened as he suddenly grew awkward himself. In the years of higher his status in this industry, to having everyone grow intimidated by him, the one person he couldn't be that way around was Tajh. Around her, he always stooped to be the same Helic he was before the accident that pronounced him dead to the world.

Seeing the woman awkwardly about to leave, Helic forced a smile onto his face as he instantly took hold of Tajh's arm, dragging her further into the room.

"N-No," he cutely piped, "Stay. It's fine, she's showering it's no bother."

"Okay," Tajh said lowly, smiling a little before trying to ignore the fact that she had waked in on a 'morning after' event.

"So, what's up? How you been?" Helic asked, weirdly excited. Just like that, the Helic his workers knew was gone...

"I've been hidden," Tajh joked, moving her hood onto her head a quick bit before having it fall, "but been alright for the most part. I'll stay hidden forever if it means I'm helping you out."

Helic's heart leaped a little in his chest at that. He forced his mind and body to ignore the feeling however, clearing at his throat before speaking out.

"I'm sorry you've got to suffer through this 'cause of me," Helic said, nose scrunching a little when noticing the hood.

Tajh pursed her lips. "Don't be," she popped out, "I decided to join you in that car that day...we're both to blame for the decisions we made."

Helic nodded slowly, licking slowly over at his bottom lip.

Tajh moved uncomfortable for a moment before hopping over to the small couch that was aligned near the window. Seating herself, Tajh found her seriousness to take over as she patted for Helic to sit by her. She smiled when he didn't question it, instantly moving to sit next to her.