ending

joshua

"see you tomorrow jagi."
joshua kissed his girlfriend goodbye before she walked out of his apartment.

once she was out of sight, he shut his door and decided to make some ramyeon for supper.

joshua walked into his white kitchen, when he noticed a clutter of letters on his marble counter.

curiosity sparked in his mind as he slowly went through each and every one.
the same familiar hand writing was on each cover, spelling his name.

his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he opened the first one that was from september and soon he remembered.

he remembered what he had did.

he spent his time reading those letters, choosing to ignore the growl of his stomach because he wanted to read what ebony had said.

regret bubbled deep inside him.

because he still loved her and didn't know why he had to end things off with her. they could've made the long distance thing work, all he did was leave overseas for school.
he made a mistake.

and he was gonna go tell her but he got to the last letter.

remorse.
sadness.
sorrow.
regret.
dread.

was all he felt as he read the letter.

i'll die loving you.

joshua sprung on his feet and ran out of his apartment, hoping, praying that she was still alive in her room.

but when he got to her level, paramedics were carrying a body bag out of her apartment and all their friends were watching and crying as ebony was being carried away.

like what he did to her,

she left him.