Found

——-

Chapter Six: Found

——-

On the seventh morning, I wanted everything to end.

The mirror reflected myself back to me, my cheek swollen and bruised. My eyelids were heavy, and my face was dull. I was becoming thin rapidly, my ribs beginning to protrude. My eyes were empty, devoid of any emotion.

“You’re a sick fucking bastard.”

I would’ve chuckled if I could. His words were so true.

I was mentally and physically sick.

It was almost funny.

I sat down on the tiles, the clear bottle in my hands.

I wonder how many sleeping tablets it would take before I could sleep forever.

I never got to find out though.

A slim, tattooed arm reached out to me, palm outstretched. Her voice was gentle.

“Please give me the pills, Gavin.”

I froze. She spoke again.

“Please, Gav.”

I placed the bottle in her hand and she helped me stand.

She led me out of the bathroom and she sat me down on the couch.

“Wait.”

I hugged my knees as she vanished from the room. I could hear the sound of her locking a door, hiding away the pills. She sat back next me and wrapped an arm around me.

“Gav… What made you want to do this?”

I glanced up at her for a moment, before staring back at the floor.

“I wish I could tell you Griffon.”

She gingerly tapped the bruise underneath my eye, being gentle enough to not hurt me.

“Is it because of him?”

I looked up at her, meeting her eyes.

“A little bit.”

“What’s the rest of it then?”

I hesitated, contemplating telling her about the form. I shook my head.

“I can’t tell you.”

She paused for a moment.

“You shouldn’t do it Gav… You have people who care about you. And he does too.”

I wiped at my face, trying to stop the tears from blurring my vision.

“He doesn’t, Griffon. He really doesn’t. And if so many people care about me, why does everybody have a go at me? They know it hurts me, even if it is just teasing.”

She looked away from me.

“You know they don’t mean it… Please don’t do it.”

I whispered under my breath.

“Why? Why shouldn’t I?”

She was silent for a moment.

“What if Millie had found you, Gavin? What if she had seen you and I hadn’t stopped you? Can you imagine that?”

I swallowed back a sob as I pictured the little girl who I adored so much. I broke out into tears and I felt Griffon put her arms around me.

I needed to tell her.

“I’m sick Griffon. I’m really sick.”