Chapter Seven

VLB
Chapter Seven:

A month later

...

Aspen

I was laying on the couch watching Saving Hope when I heard a knock on my door. I groaned out loud then got up to go to the door.

When I opened it my heart skipped a beat.
"D-Derek?" I ask as I slowly open the door.

Not only is it a surprise that he showed up to my hoise, but I'm also nervous as hell that he might notice my little bump that's beginning to form.

"Aspen! You look amazing baby. Can I come in?" He asks taking my hand in his.

I pulled away and shook my head. "Y-you really shouldn't. You see, GRACEN is upstairs and she isn't all that happy with you." I say, calling Gracens name out loud enough for her to hear me.

"Hey Asp, did yo-" she stopped as soon as she saw Derek. "Get out of our house. Now." She points to the door.

"Please I just need ten minutes to explain everything. Asp?" He says pulling his cute little puppy dog face that always got me to do anything for him.

"Don't call me that. You only have five. Time starts now." I say pulling my robe on tighter so he wouldn't see.

"You see, I cheated ONCE when I was drunk and she took advantage of me. I didn't want to do it. She forced me. Threatened to hurt my rep if I didn't. I broke up with you because I felt bad. I felt terrible that a great girl like you got treated like trash. I saw a guy named Justin on TV talk about you and it made me realize how lucky I was to have you. And-" I held up my hand as I said "times up." And shoved him out the door.

"Dang girl. Its about time you stood up to that asshole." Gracen held up her hand for a high five but I just shook my head.

"He only came back because he saw Justin on TV and got jealous because I already found someone better then him." I stated then walked out and into my room.

No matter how much I knew was false about what he said, it still hurts. He was jealous. He don't care about my happiness.

-two hours later-

From: Unkown
Hey Aspen it's Justin. I got your number from your phone the other day, I hope you don't mind! Anyways, I'll be back in town in about a month. Wanna meet up?

My heart rate quickened as I re-read that message again and again. I decided I'd answer later. This rate my heart is going isn't safe for the baby.

I grabbed my stuff to get in the shower due to the sudden feeling of thinking I'm dirty.

Why would he text me now? It's been almost exactly a month. I thought he Ajay forgot about me.

Then a memory hit me.

--Flashback--

"So tell us about this Aspin girl you talked about on my show last week." Ellen asks Justin with a Huge smile on her face.

"Shes amazing. So sweet and funny. Easy to be around. Always smiling. I feel like I can tell her anything. Shes a good listener. And most importantly she is the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. Asp, if your watching this, I'm sorry. Really I am. Wish I could be there right now to hold you." Justin finished looking straight at the camera.

--End of Flashback--

...

"Aspen Little?" A short gray haired lady calls me back for my second appointment.