fourteen: that bitch

"That bitch."

Those were the first words I heard when I walked down the stairs this lovely Saturday morning. I didn't know why, and honestly, I didn't care enough to find out why. But it was my sister, and I was the only one downstairs now in the kitchen with her so I have to ask.

As I poured myself some cereal, I asked,"Who's the bitch, and why are you calling her a bitch?"

"Lauren."

I felt my heart clench at just hearing her name, making me sigh quietly. I shook my head at myself, moving over to the medicine cabinet to get myself an Advil. I then moved to grab the milk, pour myself some as I asked Camila,"What did she do?"

"She's going on a cruise." Camila replied as I made my way to sit in front of her.

Before I put spoonful of cereal in my mouth, I sarcastically said,"Ooh...that bitch." I muttered, rolling my eyes when I saw her glare at me.

"I'm not done." Camila lifted her hand up to stop me from interrupting, like I was going to; I wasn't. She scoffed, making me raise my eyebrow curiously as I chewed on my cereal."Leonard is going with her and her family."

I dropped my spoon in my bowl, shocked, to say the least, at the information. I furrowed my eyebrows, a frown on my lips as I looked at Camila. Was she being serious or was she just saying this to get my attention? Because she has it, she has my full attention. Lauren's family is taking Leonard with them on a cruise? What the fuck is that?

"My same exact reaction." Camila shook her head, talking about how I just dropped my spoon."First she says that what they have is nothing serious, then says how she only wants a six month engagement and now she's taking him with her family on a cruise? She needs to make up her mind. Does she not want to be with him or does she want to spend the rest of her life with him?"

My heart ached at just those words, of even hearing the fact that Lauren is actually thinking about a future with that guy. I let out a sigh, sitting back in my chair as I pushed my bowl away. I just lost my appetite.

"Well, anyway," Camila spoke up, huffing as she stood up and put her phone away."before she leaves she wants me to go with her to buy the bridesmaid dress, maybe I can try to convince her not to go. Wanna come with me?"

I looked down at my pajamas, then at the time and frowned when I saw the time. I've been in bed until one, that's the latest I've ever let myself sleep in. But I didn't even want to get up in the first place, lately I've been feeling the need to just do nothing. Well, not lately; I've always been like that. But now it's just the feeling on not wanting to do anything at all, and just feeling...sad. The reason why I'm even up now is for food. I huffed at myself, shaking my head at Camila as an answer.

"I'd rather not." I answered, knowing that Lauren might still be mad at me. I grabbed my bowl and walked past her to place it in the sink."Besides, I'll just kill the mood. I don't like being at that store. It's too girly."

Camila followed me into the kitchen, and when I turned around I saw her pout."Come on, don't let me go alone with her. I need someone to help me on trying to convince her."

"Trust me, you're not gonna want my help." I raised my hand to stop her from talking, shaking it slowly before dropping it down to my side.

"Are you ever going to tell me what happened between the two of you? I don't like seeing my sister and best friend fighting." She still had that frown on her lips, making me let out a sigh as I shook my head. She huffed at me, taking her phone out of her pocket, most likely because she got a text."I have to go. She's on her way over there."