Chapter 7

***AN/ Don't make me get down on my knees and beg...it's not a pretty sight. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT!!!***

The rest of today went by so slowly...and yet it was not long enough. I did everything I could to distract myself, everything, and yet I only ever thought myself to be doing menial work for him, in preparation of him. Words could never describe the feelings I felt right now in this moment, waiting to meet my true mate. I was both excited and loathing his arrival simultaneously. I was about to start the rest of my life with this wolf. I could not wait for the late night cuddles, early morning chats in bed while watching the sun rise, the extended families, the holiday celebrations, the pitter patter of little paws on the floor, I was excited for it all, every single cliche...but I could not help but morn at the loss of my supposed freedom.

I had always told myself that I'd be ready and open whenever the "right one" came along. But coming into this Ritual, I had every intention of walking away without a mate, not yet ready to renounce myself into the life of caring for others. I am not a selfish being, but I am young, I want to run around and be free, explore the world, not that that would ever happen. That would practically be suicide to an un-mated female-really anyone to be more accurate. A male can rule and run wild by himself but a female needs a male by her side to do anything of importance.

I pace around my sanctuary, my inner musing bouncing around my skull. The heat from the sauna causing sweat to bead up at my temple, rolling down my face, my skin covered in a sheen of sweat. The sun will set soon and I can't help but be concerned at the wellbeing of my mate. He should be here by now.

A commotion near the entrance catches my attention. Voices can be heard on the other side. One of which nearly brings me to my knees, and the other keeps me standing on-guard, ready to pounce and attack the offender.

"I don't know who your searching for babe, but it should be me." At the sound of a shrill female voice, I know exactly who it was. Cordea, Aster grounds out.

"Move female, before I take action." His deep, sensual voice quite literally melts both Aster and I's insides, purring our approval to both his answer and his voice.

Mate

"What kind of action are you talking about babe? I'm down for anything." The sound of her high pitched, squeaky voice makes me want to vomit. She probably is trying to sound feminine to attract this male. She probably thinks it's sexy, but it makes me want to rip her vocal cords out, violently. I hear her walk closer to him, she's probably all over him. I can just imagine her putting a hand on his chest, leaning in real close, whispering things into his ear.

The thought makes Aster growl, giving away our presence to the two wolves.

In the next moments everything happened so quickly and then stopped. It was as if Atrovia pressed fast forward and then pause on the remote of time.

I hear a body fall to the ground, the sound of an indignant huff distracting me from the fast approaching footsteps. The vines hanging at the entrance rustle and then so quickly, I am pushed against the cave wall, shockwaves ricocheting through my body, my senses taking over my thoughts.

I could feel his toned muscles, rippling with restrained energy, under his tanned skin. His warm skin pressed up against mine and the scruff of his face and his warm breath on my neck. His possessive growls and my purring mixed with the sound of our hearts beating and our harsh breathing surrounds us. And his smell...a concoction all his own. The smell of the oak, the pine, the falling leaves in the forest at dusk, the faint sweetness of citrus mixed with his musky sweat surrounds me, seduces me, and I can practically taste it. And I can do nothing but close my eyes in utter bliss, depriving me of the sight of him, but my other senses more than make up for it.