He just shook his head at my response. "Haven't you seen that movie When Harry Met Sally?" He must've noticed the confused look on my face because I saw him roll his eyes and sigh. "Of course, your generation doesn't. But the point is, a girl and boy can never be just friends. One of them will fall for the other at some point. Whether the other one falls too or not, I don't know. But I can assure you that someone will fall in love." He shrugged. "It's just the natural law of the universe."

Now while I didn't agree with his point of view about relationships, I knew what he was trying to get at. In a convoluted way-he actually had a point.

"The girl in the window seat," I told him. He looked at me inquiringly and I repeated myself. "I'm in love with the girl in the window seat."

He looked behind me then nodded. "Good choice. Personally, I would go either way." I laughed at his words. "So," he continued, "why don't you do something about it?"

"She has a boyfriend."

"Is he handsome?"

"What?" I asked.

"Is he more handsome than you?"

"No," I said almost too quickly. But the old man laughed and patted me on the shoulder.

"I like you, kid. What's your name?"

"I'm Y/N."

"My name's Robert. Wait a second." He grabbed a piece of paper from the pocket of the seat in front of him then pulled out a pen. He quickly wrote a series of numbers on it then handed it to me. "Here, kid. If you need anything while you're in L.A., call me alright?"

"Thanks, Robert," I told him as I entered his number on my phone.

"And regarding your girl," he said as he leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes. "The road to happiness is never smooth. If it is, trust me, you're going down the wrong road. But I personally believe that in order to have something, you need to work your ass off for it. Nothing ever comes free. So you need to think hard if she's worth all the pain you're going to feel. You need to figure out your feelings for her now rather than later." He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at me.

"Because if you don't, she'll be gone-and you will never, ever, get her back."

-//-//-//-//-//-

The girls' tour starts in three days and they were getting the last bit of rehearsal down in the dance studio. Everyone was back in Los Angeles so the girls were reunited with each other once again. Heck, Uncle Rob and I were reunited with each other again. He gave me one big, burly hug before discussing with me the girls' schedules.

After a while, the choreographer calls for a break and the girls all leave the studio to go to the buffet.

"Come on, Y/N," said Uncle Rob as I saw him waiting for me just outside the door.

"I'll be there in a minute, Uncle Rob. Go without me," I said.

He nodded at me then left and finally I was all alone in the studio. It wasn't because of Lauren that I didn't want to eat with them. Well, only partly-but the point is, I needed to think. I walked toward the far side of the studio and sat in front of the grand piano. Music was a big part of my life even before I met the girls. I used to sneak inside the music store during the night and play the piano. I even bought a keyboard with the money I got from Leo and played it whenever my mind was clouded or I needed some kind of release.

The keys smoothly slide under my fingers as I push it down. The note vibrates on my finger and the sound echoes in my ear. I've always believed that the piano was the most romantic instrument in the world. Well, there was also the violin but I couldn't play it even if my life depended on it. So I just stayed with the piano and taught myself how to read the notes.