"You severely underestimate my son. If anything, it is your daughter that should watch her mouth with him. He doesn't take kindly to disrespect and she's known to be a loudmouth," Re Alessio retaliated, aggravating Re Antonio but he held back, knowing his daughter would surely surpass both, Romeo and Alessio's expectations.

"I need something from you."

"Go on," Alessio urged.

"If they are hurt in any way, be it physical, emotional, or mental, I will kill you and your son myself. You have my word," the Re Antonio threatened.

As far as Re Antonio was concerned, his children would suffer no harm. Instead, it would be the Principe of Verona, Milano, and Firenze that would suffer with his life.

Oh, yes. Re Antonio had it all planned out and Re Alessio would never know.

With one final goodbye, Re Alessio stepped away, the soldati and servants of the palace leading him to where his own carriage stood - outside of the palace.

Principe Romeo D'Angelo

""My prince, I have been informed that His Majesty, The King, has returned and that His Majesty seeks an audience with Your Highness," a soldato stepped into the courtyard where I was engaged, bowing his head.

Although, I was not aware that papa had returned so soon from his...journey. I had hoped he brought back good news.

"I shall see to it soon," I turned back at the man in front of me.

Before I could step away from what I was currently doing, I turned my head back to the kneeling man in front of me. Grasping my firearm in my right hand, I aimed it at his head.

"You should know that I am a man of my word. And when someone goes back on their word, Especially a Venetian, I do not appreciate it, Mattia," I spat in his face quite literally, feeling no guilt in what I was about to do. I had no sympathies for Venetians.

"Please, Principe Ro - " and with that, I fired at his head.

I wasn't known as a very forgiving person, though. Not even by my own people, and I would certainly not spare an enemy's person, even if they were innocent.

As for Mattia, I wasn't sure if he was guilty but he was Venetian. And that was criminal enough.

I looked down at his lifeless body with blood splattered everywhere. Around me, framing the high walls of the yard, servants and soldati stood, looking down at the lifeless body in front of me.

Under strict orders to stay as still as they could, they would dispose of the body as soon as I was done here. Before the blood could clot up and cause a smell in the air.

I turned back to the soldato that I had spoken to earlier, jerking my head in the direction of the dead body. An order to get it cleaned up.

Without so much as another word, I stepped back inside, leaving my soldati to take care of the mess I had made.

I had spent years cleaning up my own mess, even as the Crown Prince. But as Chief of Military, I had earned the right to not do so anymore. I had trained and I had fought once I was put into military training as the heir apparent.

Making sure my tailcoat was still spotless, I headed down the hall and into the west wing, which was quite far away, to see to what my father wanted with me.

While the south wing was strictly for business of the royal members, once I entered the west wing, where the king and queen's dining halls were, the place was bustling with members of the peerage. Some of the dukes and their duchesses that resided in the palace were roaming out and about, bowing once they saw their prince. And other lower ranked members of the peerage could also be seen - probably ones my mother had invited over, such as the Marchesa of Siena and the Contessa of Livorno, a new money woman that was quite taken with showing off her wealth.