Chaper 15

Wow this is the final chapter!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

   Aurora sat with her back to me in the main feasting room. The cooks had been so happy that their master was dead that they cooked us all a massive feast. So large in fact, that even after all of us stuffed our faces it wasn’t even half gone.

They had already begun to clear it but I ignored them and turned my attention to my sister. “Izabelle is in the infirmary. Doc says her leg is broken and he’s going to reset the bone tonight. She’ll have to walk with crouches for a month or so.” I slipped farther into the room but Aurora made no move to move from her spot in front of the fire. “Rafael’s in his room. He says he doesn’t want to see anyone for a while…” I reached the table closest to her without actually being next to her, “Carnation’s in her room as well… she says she doesn’t want to see me…”

   She stood at that and faced me. There were tear stains on her cheeks and her voice crocked as she spoke, “of course she doesn’t want to see you. You killed her mother out there! What’s wrong with you? Show some remorse.” She choked on a sob and collapsed in the nearest chair.

   “Now, I don’t think it’s quite fair to pin this all on her. She had no way of knowing that was her younger sister’s mother,” a deep silky voice spoke. Both I and Aurora’s heads snapped up and we scanned the room. In a small patch of darkness sat a boy.

   He stood and slid from the shadows. His hair was black as a raven’s feathers but when the light of the fire hit it, brown streaks were clearly visible. It was pin straight and just a bit too long. He brushed it out of his eyes and then I saw them. His sky blue eyes were like pools of light that instantly drew me in. He stood at about 5’11, leaning mostly on his left foot. I scanned over him quickly and noticed that his clothes were definitely hammy-downs but not completely faded. “Who are you?” I asked wearily.

   “Awe do you not recognize your own twin,” he smiled from ear to ear.

   I felt my tears whelm up as I cried, “Hi Tommy.”

~~~~

   Jonathon let out a sigh as the high Council finally brought his brother into the room. Marco dropped to his knees in his shackles, “forgive me brother. I let Nickolas manipulate me once again. I deepened a distrust that you rightly already harbored for me.”

   “Rise brother,” he spoke strongly. Marco stood and he saw only remorse in his eyes. He turned his attention to the Council, “I think he’s had enough. In the way of ancient tradition I have come to allow him to ask for my forgiveness. I will tell you now, he has received it.”

   A Council member stood and in a husky voice said, “You do realize that by doing this he may attack or even kill you in the future.”

   “I do,” he replied without any hesitation.

   “Very well,” he waved his hand and the shackles on Marco’s hands were undone. He rubbed his wrists gently. They stood and left the room without a word. They walked all the way down the hallway before Marco spoke, “thank you brother, without you-”  

   “Let’s get one thing straight. I didn’t do this for you. If it was up to me I would have had them kill you for such a betrayal, but Aurora loves you. I saw it the morning she came home from your place. So you better not hurt her, or you will find there are things worse than death.” Jonathon walked away from him then, and didn’t once look back.

~~~~

   The painkillers started to wear off and it woke up Izabelle, in the chair across from her sat Ophelia reading a book. “Hey,” she said in a sort of a haze.

   “Hello little one,” she smiled and put her book down to take Izabelle’s hand, “How are you feeling?”

   “Better than before but I think the painkillers are wearing off,” she smiled and yawned.

   “I’ll get you some more little one,” she smiled and kissed the top of her head as she stood, “I’m just glad this is all over and you’re safe.”

   Izabelle looked at her seriously, “Oh mum this isn’t the end.” She gave her a weak half smile. “Far from it, this is just the beginning.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow its finally over, I guess its time to put that little green checkmark next to this story :) its bittersweet