Chapter 14

Chapter 14

   Aurora took that as her cue and stepped from the shadows. Hauling Carnation with her they crossed the open space between where they had hid in wait and where he now stood, planted in place by fear.

   “Hello father,” Aurora spoke as she reached the saddest excuse for a man she’d ever seen. Carnation tugged at her hand and she looked down. The question mark above her head was practically visible as well as a steady stream of thin tears. “Yes I am your sister, but only because we share the same father,” she smiled and cocked her head to the side, “well at least that’s what the high Council told me.” The question mark over Carnation’s head only seemed to grow so Aurora smiled and mouthed, “Explain later.” Before turning her attention back to her father and the angel form of Amber.

   “Join me sisters in banishing this weak vessel of a man, he who has for so long allied himself with darkness. The time has come to set the ultimate prophesy in motion. He must be sent to where he belongs. Hell,” Amber’s booming voice spoke without her usual warmth and emotion, almost as if she was a computer, “this is the only way.” Aurora and Carnation took her hand carefully completing a circle around their father. Amber looked to the skies and began to speak. “Banish this creator of evil, the one that bears the face of man. One who created angels must leave this place,” as she spoke the air around them began to change creating a tornado effect around father and began to cut deep into the ground, “Take this creature, may he be man, angel or more.”

Aurora heard weeping and glanced about quickly. A man sat on his legs just at the edge of their circle. His hair was as dark as a raven’s feather and skin as white as snow. What a beautiful man, she thought and then he looked up. He was the man that had bitten his sister. The vampire, she thought. His eyes were trailed on Amber as he cried something she couldn’t quite hear over the sound of the roaring wind.

“Send him to where darkness keeps. Away to hell he be!” she raised her voice to a shrill scream and almost instantly the ground below him glowed and then dropped taking him with it.

The ground closed almost as quickly as it had opened and suddenly Amber slumped forward.

~~~~

   I felt faint and more than a little dizzy. “Where am I?” I asked myself out loud.

   “Like you don’t remember,” a familiar and very annoyed voice answered.

   “Aurora,” I moaned and clutched my head. I had a splitting headache but tried to ignore it best as possible as I asked again, “where am I?” Then my vision cleared enough to see Carnation and Aurora standing over me.

   “We did it,” my little sister stood over me, “we killed father.”

   “What? When?” my head was still spinning but I managed to pull myself up to a sitting position.

   “So you really don’t know what you did?” she asked. I simply shook my head from side to side, though the force of the action made my head hurt even more. “Well we sent father to hell,” she gave a smile of satisfaction down at me. I was really confused why she said father as if it was her father too, and then it hit me.

   “You’re my sister?” I asked as I tried to stand.

   “Yah but don’t think that entails that I’m going to become all lovey dovey with you,” Aurora growled slightly.

   “Wouldn’t count on it,” I laughed and stood to full height, dusting off my legs.

   “Sister’s we should probably get going,” Carnation’s tiny voice chimed in.

   “Yes of course,” I smiled at her, “Wait… Where are Izabelle and my mother?” I glanced around and found Izabelle slumped against a tree. I ran to her side and knelt down, “Izabelle are you ok?”

She groaned and opened her eyes, “yah just peachy,” she gasped, “now help me up.” I slipped the fingers of my left hand around the area just above her elbow and hoisted her up. “Ow, ow, ow!” she cried out in pain. Leaning her against the tree, I gave her a quick look over. Almost immediately I was drawn to the middle of her lower leg, which was twisted at an unnatural angle.

“Here, lean your weight against me,” I spoke softly as I leaned her weight off of her injured leg and wobbled back to the other’s. “Has anyone seen my mother?” I questioned the group when we had reached them.

“She’s over here,” Rafael’s voice spoke from some distance away. I glanced over to where he crouched over what I assumed was my mother’s body. Time seemed to slow as I leaned Izabelle against Aurora and ran to Rafael’s side. He took one look at me and spoke a little too quickly, “No she’s not dead, just in a comma like state. I think we should take her with us.”

“You think,” I spat sarcasm.

“Well yes, she is your mother after all,” he spoke completely oblivious.

“Ok, whatever, let’s go,” I stood and turned away from him then over my shoulder added, “Rafael you carry my mother, but don’t talk anymore for the rest of the night.” He didn’t say a word as he lifted my mother gently into his arms so I took it as he understood. I walked over to Izabelle and slipped her arm over my shoulder, taking her off Aurora’s hands and mumbled, “insensitive bastard. ‘I think we should take her’ he says, as if he was talking about picking up a stray pup on the side of the road.” I tried my hardest not to lose my temper. “Come on you guys,” I said, “It’s been a long night and we all need some rest.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second to last chapter is over and done with :( ready for the final one lol

vote, comment and follow

<3 zombiekat