Kate's POV

I could see Jasper and Grace from out of my window. They were sitting on the ground and talking. I saw Grace blush multiple times. Those two... Jasper cupped her face and brought her closer to him. She ended up in his lap. She laid her arms around his neck and snuggled close to him. She kissed his cheek and smiled. I chuckled as I saw Jasper tickling her. She gave up and he smiled proudly, she hugged him. They stood up and he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.
I saw how Grace sat on his lap with a fearful face. Her eyes glued to the movie, but his to her. He looked at her like she was the cutest thing on earth. A scary part came and she moved closer to him. I think she really believed that he could take the scary away, she just had to be close to him. The other girls were so jealous, but I was so proud. Those two are endgame. It made me think about Jake, oh I missed him so much. It's just stupid we always argue and he cheats, when we do that. He tells me every time it's a mistake and I forgive him every time. My time here had me realize that I shouldn't go back to him, we just weren't endgame.
Jasper laid next to me in bed, he was out of breath. "Did we really just have..." I cut him off. "Yes." I answered and he breathed. "Woah." He muttered and I chuckled at his cuteness. "It was just as an experiment, you have to have a clue when you'll be doing it with Grace." I said laying in my side, he raised his eyebrows at me. "Is that so?" He asked amused and I laughed. "I know you and you're clearly head over heels for her." I said and he smiled. "No denying that." He said dreamily and I smiled, that was so sweet. "Would you like to do it with her?" I asked interested, I'm like shipping them so hard. "Of course, but it's not like she's gonna give me herself like that. You know her. She doesn't trust me fully yet." He said a bit down. "She trusts you." I told him and he sat a bit straighter. "No, something is holding her back. Like she wants to tell me something, but always reconsiders it. It makes me crazy, sometimes I wished I could read her mind." He said and I nodded. "That's Grace. But maybe it has something to do with her past, I mean her father left her on young age. She doesn't trust guys easily, it's normal for her. She needs you to let her see your never gonna leave her. When you do. She'll give herself." I told him and he stared at me. "Are you sure you're top artist and not a psychologist?" He asked me and I playfully hit his chest, which was really attractive. "Thank you for everything, I bet without you I would've took the game wrongly." He told me and I smiled. "Thank you for letting me stay so long, you're a sweetheart." I said and he chuckled. "So, did you decide already?" He asked and I sighed. "I think I'm better of without him, there are a million other guys beside him. Better ones. You're the proof, you're a good guy. I'm just hoping there are more out there." I said and he smiled. "There will be and if Jake stalks you, call me. I'm a mighty man." He said and I giggled. "I need to go, I have Greek with your heart thief!" I told him and he shook his head laughing. I pulled my clothes off and he was staring at the window. "Come on, let's go!" I told him and took his hand. I pulled him out of the door and I saw Grace talking to Rebecca. Rebecca her eyes fell on us. "Golden boy!" She said and Jasper rolled his eyes, Grace turned around. I saw jealousy in her eyes, but she pushed it down and I saw her cheeks turn a bit red. "Fix your hair." Rebecca told Jasper, who looked at me. I went with my hands through his hair and nodded when it laid good. He stood a bit taller and Grace was eyeing us, like she got what we just did. She looked at Rebecca, who was smirking, she found it all so amusing. "So you two made up?" She asked and me and Jasper nodded. "On a creative way I see." Rebecca said. "I need to go." Jasper said and looked at is. "Ladies." He said and walked past me and Rebecca and gave Grace a smile and a wink. She was suppressing a smile.

Two months after Grace left Jasper came back and I was pissed at him, the girls were all happy to see him, but I'm still not over the fact that Grace is home. "Where's Grace?" Jasper asked confused and we all looked at him, he frowned smiling still from the excitement seeing us back. "Son, come with me." His dad told him, his voice sounded down. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked, his dad just mentioned him to follow. His mother followed them and we went to our rooms.
Somebody knocked on my door and I went to open it. Jasper stood there, looking all broken. "Can we talk?" He said and I opened my door further for him to enter, he sat on my bed. "I messed up." He said and I rolled my eyes. "You certainly did, she gives herself to you and you decline her. Jasper what is wrong with you?" I asked him angry. "I was scared okay." He told me and I scoffed. "Of what? You just had to say I love you too." I snapped, he jumped up. "I was scared. This is the first time, I had so many feelings for a girl. I just didn't know how to react, I always prepared myself to tell her first. I didn't mean to walk away, but I just did." He told me and his eyes got red, I said and sat down next to him. ."it'll be fine, I'm here for you." I told him and pulled him in my chest. "Ask her to come back." I told him and he shook his head. "She won't do it, she's over me. I should be over her too. Kate, I messed up and I'll have to live with it." Jasper said and stood up, after whipping his tears away. He left me there.
A day for the engagement Jasper came to me. "Who are you gonna choose?" I asked and he sighed. "Maybe Hayley, we get along but I don't love her and I know she's gonna be a terrible queen as Felicia and Hanna." He said and I sat down next to him and brought his face to mine. "Look, I thought about it and if you want to, I would marry you. I can't let the country go to hands off Hanna or those others." I said and he looked at me. "Really?" He asked hopeful, I nodded. He gave me a tight hug. "Thank you so much." He told me and I smiled. "I know I'm not the girl you love the most, but maybe that will come later. But at least we can stand each other." I told him and he smiled. "I do love you Kate, maybe not as much as Grace, but I do. Don't forget that." He told me and kissed my cheek.
That leader of the rebels is Grace her dad?! "That's why you didn't want her to win." King Maximus muttered. We stood there all, me, Jasper his parents and a few of the rebels. "I just don't want you guys to tell her." Thomas, Grace her father, said and Jasper snorted. "If you don't know it already, she left the palace." He said grumpy and I rolled my eyes, he was way to childish. "I know she left. But don't tell her, I need you to promise." He told Jasper. "Why can't she know? You left her and her mother? Why?" King !Maximus asked. "Sit down, this is gonna be a long story." He told us and we listened. He left them because his dad died and he had to take the rebellion over. He couldn't take his family with him, his wife didn't want Grace to grow up in constant war. So they decided to split ways. Grace was never to find out, only if she did it on her own. "We have information, for your wedding. I assume Kate wins?" Thomas said and gave me a look. Jasper nodded and Thomas looked at us. "Well the engagement isn't going to be beautiful, cause there's gonna be an attack from dark rebels." He explained and Jasper and his dad shared a look. "We have a contract with them, they won't attack us." King Maximus told him and Thomas jumped up, he slammed his hands to the desk. "They know she's my daughter and they know she's your sons favorite! They lie and betrayed everyone! Do I need to remind you of your own selection?!" Thomas burst out and Queen Elizabeth looked down, King Maximus gave her a glance and he felt sorry for her. "What's your plan?" Jasper asked. "Don't invite her to the engagement and they won't attack." Thomas explained and I jumped up. "But she's my best friend!" I protested. "Well what do you want her death or alive?" He asked me and I sat back down. "Deal." Jasper said and looked at his dad, who looked rather worried. "People will think it's strange if she doesn't attend, they know how close she and Kate are. I don't want press hanging around the two of them in their first weeks of rules hip." He said. "Well, it's better than seeing her death." Jasper told him and he nodded, the deal was made. Grace was not invited to the engagement. 
Grace showed up and me and Jasper panicked, everybody panicked. She wasn't invited, what was she doing here? We walked over, as we she and Jasper were talking Felicia got a bullet through her head. Grace screamed and Jasper pushed her to the ground, a guard took me and we hide behind the wall. Jasper took us to a hide room. The girls were all asking for his attention, but he didn't leave Grace alone for one single moment. She was hiding herself from him, but there was no way he was gonna let her. "Why does he stay with her? I'm his future wife!" Hanna asked angry, I scowled at her. "If you ever paid attention, you would know those two are hopeless in love! His heart belongs to her, she won!" I snapped, she glared at me. "She isn't even in the competition!" She snapped and I pointed at them. Jasper had Grace her face cupped and looked so worried, they stood close to each other. "Did he ever do that with you?" I asked her and she didn't reply, he didn't.
Jasper taught Grace how to aim with a gun and he looked impressed, she was a natural. "Okay, me and Jasper are going to go help the others. You stay here." Grace told us and Jasper looked at her. "That was my line." He told her and she rolled her eyes, she opened the door and was about to walk away, but Jasper stopped her. "You're staying behind me, love." He told her and she blushed. They left us there and I was filled with worries.
Grace got shot in the arm and was in the hospital. Jasper just told her, that he'll marry her. We were waiting in the ball room for her. She finally came in, looking all confused. I run to her and hugged her tight. "I was so worried!" I told her and she hugged me back. She greeted the others and lastly went to Jasper, they talked.
Grace threw me a look after Jasper told her she won. She was confused by it and he explained our little agreement to her. It ended well, they kissed and were engaged...