Goodbye

Grace PoV
It was time for another cut, four girls had to leave. We were in the ballroom, the girls were so nervous. I didn't know what to feel. I actually wanted to go home, the others were all so close and neglected me. They all thought I didn't stood a chance. And I miss home, my mom and Alex. It's already March, I don't want to miss graduation and prom. And yes even I want to go to prom, it's a big night for all of us. And just this whole situation... I'm in love with Jasper, but whenever we are close. He just takes a step back and leaves me hanging. Maybe he just wants to be friends, maybe that's why he only talks with me. I'm so stupid, with all the other girls he goes on romantic dates and with me just to a garden. Always the same garden! The only reason why I came here, was because my mom needed the money. But she's back in college now and is studying for doctor. She lives in a good house and has a boyfriend, who I don't like. I could go home and become a archeologist. "Girl, today we need to say goodbye to four wonderful girls. To those girls, it was a pleasure to have you and I hope you'll find true love." He told us and we nodded. "The four girls are..." jasper said and I didn't hear my name. The four girls were crying and one of them fainted. "Dear lord!" Queen Elizabeth gasped. Guards had to take the girl out. "The others, you are my elite!" Jasper said and I looked at the other girls. Felicia, Hayley, Hanna and Kate. They had big smiles on and I forced one. I met Jasper his eyes and quickly looked away.
It was dinner and the table looked so empty. I looked at the seat next to me. I missed Helena and Rebecca so much. I was just playing with my food, depressed. Hanna was sitting next to Jasper. I don't get how she got this far, she mean, ugly and a giant bitch. Probably because her dad is like on the top in Wall Street. Hayley, Felicia  were sitting together, like good friends. I had Kate.
I was walking to my room, when Jasper stopped me. "What's up with you!" He asked and I shrugged. I walked further and he followed me. I was lost in thoughts, my head was to full. Should I leave or not? I bumped into a wall and I heard Jasper chuckled. "Watch out, you'll hurt yourself!" He said and helped me up, I fell on the ground. I looked him straight in the eyes. "What I'm about to ask is very important to me, so please answer." I told him and he raised his eyebrows. "Okay, I'll answer." He joked and I looked at him seriously, he stopped smirking. "I love you and if I want something with you I want to know if you feel the same. Do you love me?" I asked him and he looked shocked. "Woah, Grace!" He mumbled, I kept looking at him. "I don't know what to say." He said and walked off, the first tear escaped my eye. I was friend zoned... I walked to my room and just cried, my maids tried to relax me. But I wanted to go home. They started to pack and they were even crying a little. This was my last night in the palace.
Te next morning at breakfast, King Maximus told us Jasper was in Belgium for some business. After breakfast I walked to him. "My King." I said and bowed. "Lady Grace, what can I do for you, dear?" He asked enthusiastic. I didn't want to bring his spirit down, but I had to. "What's wrong, sweetheart? You look so sad?" Queen Elizabeth asked and laid her hand on her shoulder. "I want to go home." I said softly, they both frowned. "May I ask why?" King Maximus asked. "I miss..." He cut me off. "What did he do?" He asked and I blinked. "Nothing, I really just miss home." I said, which actually is true. "I don't want to see you leave. You have the most potential. I know you and I know you can lead a whole country. You stand up against things that aren't fair, you love to help people and you have a heart of gold. I know you been through a lot, but that's your best quality. You saw things the others didn't. You know the world, like every grown up does. And I'm most certainly you're his favourite and the whole palace his. I know my staff very well. You treat them like a person the others like a maid or a guard. They like you the best." He told me and I blushed. His words were tempting but then I would see Jasper walk away again and I couldn't breath. "Sorry, I really want to go." I pleaded, they sighed and nodded. I walked to the door and stopped. "Say goodbye for me to Jasper. He means a lot to me. Say just to be friends, I guess that's what he really wanted." I said and they looked down.
Kate was crying when I told her. "I can't stay here, when I know he doesn't love me." I said and she shook her head. "But he does, he loves you more then anybody!" She told me and I shook my head. "That's really nice of you to say, but he walked away." I said and she shook her head. "No! I'm serious, he told me!" She said and I shook my head. "Leave it like this, you're gonna be queen. Make me proud and call." I said and gave her one last hug. I left her there, she cried harder.
I walked to the car, maids and guards all said goodbye and looked so sad. I stepped into the car and looked one last time at the palace. Good bye Palace. Good bye Jasper...