5

Please read the whole author's note down because it means a lot to me. Thank you!

Stella's POV

Last day of school...

I was coming out of the exam hall. The finals are over. It was the last day. I couldn't be anymore happier. I saw Hailey coming out of the class beside me. She smiled at me and I did the same.

The year's over today. Its the last day. Now we graduate. Feels like a decade has passed since I came here. It hasn't been easy for me these past months. As expected everyone in school started hating me. Just because 'I broke Adam's heart.' It was painful. Watching him every day. Getting far away from me. And closer and closer to Cara. I knew she had taken me seriously when I told her not to lose this opportunity.

Just a month before I saw Adam and Cara holding hands and laughing together. That was the moment when I had a genuine smile on my face after a long time. I got over him eventually. It didn't hurt me any longer seeing him with Cara. They both were happy and so was I. I was ready to move on from here. To another chapter of my life in uni.

"Hey best friend!" Hailey said. I laughed lightly. She was very happy that the finals are over and we had made amazing plans for the summer. I was just as excited as her.

"Hey back best friend." I said with a wink. It was her turn to laugh. "How wa-" I started saying before she cut me off. "No. Nope. No more talks about papers, study in fact anything related to the curriculum!" She said. I laughed. She knew me to well. I shook my head as we started walking towards the exit.

"This is our last day here. Last. We won't be together every day! Stel!" She said over-dramtically. Of course. Hyperbole was her thing. I rolled my eyes. "We will still see each other Hai. We just an hour away." Yes. We were both accepted in universities which were just an hour away from each other.

"Annd we still have the summer!" I said excitedly. She squealed. A bit loudly if I say so myself. A few head turned our way but my best friend just smiled and continued talking to me. "Oh my god Stel! Its going to be so much fun!" She said.

Just after her line got over I heard a throat clearing behind us. I freezed. I knew who he was even before seeing him. We turned around to see Adam. I gave him a small smile and he returned the favor.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked and after looking at Hailey he said, "alone?"

I tuned towards my best friend and said, "I'll see you in a bit." I turned and walked behind Adam as he started walking towards a corner of the hallway.

As soon as he came to a halt he surprised me with a hug. I stilled for a second and hugged him back. Oh god. The familiar feelings were coming in and my eyes watered. He was after all my first love and it took me long to get over him. He pulled back and looked at me with so much intensity that I had to break the eye contact and look away.

"I- " I tried saying something but I couldn't. "I know." He said. "I know now, why you did what you did." He said with a smile.

"Thank you Stella. Without you I would've never known that my best friend liked me. Without you I would've never know that I liked her as much as she liked me. And most importantly, without you I would've never know what love really means. Its not just my love for Cara or her love for me. Its also about your love for me. What you said that day. That your love wasn't selfless. That wasn't true. Your love is selfless Stella. Because you saw my happiness before yours. So thank you Stella. Thank you so much." He said.

My already watered eyes started leaking and a few drops spilled out of them. But this time they weren't sad ones. They were happy. Because I wasn't just crying. I was laughing and crying. He put his hand on my check and rubbed the tears away and pecked my forehead.

"I will never forget you. I hope we can be friends or atleast acquaintances in the future. I hope the best for you and I know someday someone will realise your true beauty and love you for who you are and I'm just sorry it couldn't be me. But you let me go and now its your turn to let the past go and move on. Goodbye Stella." He said finally.

"Bye Adam." I whispered because I knew it was the end, the end of our chapter.

But if there's never a ending to a story how can a new one begin?

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Its done guys. Its over!

Let's cry together because both Adam and Stella are finally happy and have moved on with their lives. And that's the whole point of me writing this story.
I didn't write it with the intention to make it sad (although it became sad) but my main intention was to let you all know that
you all had, have or will have something or someone which or who you lose but that does not mean that you are unworthy or you do not deserve happiness.
Never forget that you deserve every happiness in this world.
You are worth it.
Always remember that.

And with that I leave this story on a bittersweet note.

And of course! Thank you to all who read my story or will read it whenever. The support I got from all the lovely wattpaders was amazing. Thank you.

Until the next story....
[Maybe who knows ;)]

VoteCommentShare
{If you like it!}

Keep reading! Be happy! ;)
Love,
Mia♡