1

Stella's POV

I love him. I really really love him. But I know he doesn't love me back. Looking at him right now I know I never had him. Even when we were blissfully happy in the "honeymoon" stage of our relationship as everyone calls it. He's always loved her. His best friend. Cara. And of course she loves him back. Who wouldn't? He is the perfect guy every girl dreams of. I have him, apprently, according to all the jealous girls in the school. But except that I really don't. His heart belongs to her. Even if he doesn't realise it himself. And her heart belongs to him. I can see it. See the way she looks at him. As if he is her hero. Her life. But whenever she sees him and me she always smiles. A fake smile. Although she loves him she never made a move to tear me and him apart. Never. She's just too noble for that. But now its my turn.

Adam's upset right now. Why? Because he saw Cara with Zac again. The quarterback of our high school. He was shamelessly flirting with her. Even Cara was smiling and talking with him. Well, of course, they went on a date last week. And that was the reason Adam was upset in the morning when I met him. I still remember the conversation.

"Babe," I said. "Cara is smart enough to know what to do. They probably weren't even flirting." I insisted probably the 10th time, trying to make him understand. But I knew he wouldn't.

"I know! You don't think I know?! But Cara is very attracted the guys like him." He said the last word with bitterness clear in his voice.

"I know her. She's my best friend, Stella! She loves guys who play some kind of game or who has an amazing body." He said and again I could note the jealousy because Adam wasn't the one with body. He was quite handsome but he wasn't a player or athletic in any manner.

"What if she falls for him?! Zachary is a player. The whole school knows it. I can't let my best friend go into a trap like this Stella. I can't. When they went on a date last week I didn't interfere because I thought its her life so she can make her own decisions. I thought she would get over this temporary madness but it doesn't seem like it." I sighed defeated, made some lame excuse which I'm sure Adam didn't even notice and left.

I have tried enough since I came that morning. In fact since a long time because this has been happening since the week Cara and Zac went on a date. This is destroying us. Destroying me. He just smiled at me when I came in the café. It was just a plain smile. Not even a smile that showed that he was pleased to see me. I didn't even got a 'hey babe' or anything remotely close to that. Like he used to call me all the time in the beginning. We have been dating since 3 months today. Its our anniversary today. He doesn't even remember that. In fact since the moment I entered the café he was rambling about how Cara could get into a trap like this and he thought Zac was not worth her time.

And since our conversation this morning I had decided that its time now. I knew it since the day I saw him getting insanely jealous when she went on a date. That didn't work out for her. I knew why. But anyway I knew it was time for me to let him go. Even if I love him, my love isn't selfless. I crave that love back too and I knew I wouldn't get it. I knew that I have to step back. Let the two who were crazy for each other get together.

God, I'm so selfish.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hie guys!

I hope you liked the first chapter!
I know my chapters small but they would be 400 to max 800 words. That's it.
There is one of the covers @heyitz_Grace made for me in the media. Go and check her stories out and her cover book! Its very beautiful I swear.♡

VoteCommentShare
{If you like it!}

Keep reading! Be happy! ;)
Love,
Mia♡