So, if anything they were looking like fools, especially her.

"No, you're excused for the day." He said smiling.

Oh, he thinks this is funny. He really wants to go there. He thinks that he won that I will just coward away.

Well he has one thing wrong. Being acoward doesn't align with who I am.

"Okay, So I guess I'll see you at the house Asher?" I asked him with a smirk on my face.

As soon as the question came out my mouth. He had a shocked face, and Stacey had an angry one.

She was going to blow in any second. He didn't say anything so I took this as a sign to leave.

I walked towards the door, but before I actually opened up the door I turned around and said one last thing.

"I guess I'll take that as a yes." I said with a wink towards him and finally walked out the door leaving him with that.

I came upon the elevator, and stepped in and pressed the first floor button. The doors were closing, until I seen a hand reach out.

The elevators opened, and there was Jason stepping in. After the elevators closed he looked up at me smiling.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Are you just getting off?" He asked

"Yeah, I am."

"It's only 6:00, why is he letting you off so early?" He asked.

I sighed answering with:

"Good question."

He looked at me with raised eyebrows, and then gave a mischievous smile to himself. Almost like he knew something.

"What do you know?" I asked.

He snapped out of it, and turned to me giving me a confused face, a fake one at that.

"What do you mean? I don't know anything? Why do you think I know anything? What do you know? Do you know anything? Maybe-"

"Wow!" I said cutting him off giggling.

He stopped quickly and asked what?

"You know for going for the slick, handsome, business, calm, and collected best friend of Asher you sure are a bad liar."

"I'm not lying-"

"Yes, you are that 1-minute ramble that you just did just because I asked one question, or the simple twitch of the fingers because I'm simply calling you out, or the mischievous smile that you had on your face from the beginning proves that you are hiding something, and that's just for starters. Shall I keep going or save the embarrassment?"

He had a shocked expression written on his face. We just stared at each other for a long time. Until he spoke up again.

"Man, you're feisty If Asher didn't have this long torturing crush over you. I will have a go at it."

"What Asher has-"

"Go to dinner with me?" Jason asked.

I looked at him with disbelief but I retorted back quickly, and responded.

"No, I can't go with you. What about this crush-"

"If you want talk more in depth about it go to dinner with me?" He asked one more time before the elevators opened.

He stepped out walking away not looking back. This was kind of a big moment. I mean either I stay in the elevator without knowing the unknown.

Or go to dinner​ and hear the unknown. However, the unknown with Asher is what I want.